• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello to all!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun67

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello to all! I live in western North Carolina, and love camping, fishing, hunting, 4 wheeling and shooting pretty much anything that goes bang. Black powder to me, gets me out of the house for an additional week per year!
I'm married and have a 13 yo daughter that is a great shot with a .22. We'll have to see if she likes black powder.
I hunt deer with a CVA Bobcat .50 cal (it may be cheap, but functionality is what I want, and it hasn't let me down yet). I have a '85 model blued Ruger Old Army that I adore, and an 1851 Confederate Navy round barrel .44 that I shoot most. Glad to be here!

Welcome from Wisconsin! It looks like you will fit in here just fine; keep that young gal shooting!

Welcome Sixgun67. Glad to have you aboard, think you will enjoy everything that goes on here. I have a daughter that lives near Lexington, NC. Hope to go see her next month if all goes well. How far are you from there? I enjoy flintlock rifle (and others too) along with any of my pistols. :thumbsup:

Have a good time, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Wellcome To The Camp From Bakersfield Ca. You Will Learn Alot Here !! :thumbsup:

Jim/OH, I'm not sure of the mileage, but I believe I'm about 60 miles west of Lexington, on the eastern edge of Hickory. Unfortunately, this area is so populated that almost nobody allows hunting on their property, so myself and 3 others have 120 or so acres leased in Montgomery county, something like 50 or so miles southeast of Lex.
Percussion is my only type of guns so far, never fired a flintlock. Yet :wink: .

By the way, I'm originally from Belmont county, about a 100 miles east of you in Ohio. First 21 years of my life were spent traipsing the eastern Ohio hills with a .22. My little rifle and me were unseperable. Take care!

Sounds like you are not too close to my daughter then. Yes, I know where Belmont Co. is, my first wife was from Bellaire. Been there alot 40 or so years ago. Glad to meet you, enjoy you black powder guns.

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Back