• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyjames

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just found the board. Been shooting BP off and on for the past 15 years. Shoot alot of modern stuff also.

Are there any others here from KY?

Kyjames Wecome to the camp. I'm not from KY, I'm from Oregon. Hope you enjoy yourself, while checking out what's happening with Black Powder. Again, Wecome !!
Mtn-Man2u :)

Howdy do KYJames,

Back in January Musketman did a survey and there were 8 folks from Kentucky (or at least 8 responded). We've probably added more than a hundred folks since then; so there might be 10 or so now. They're around here, somewhere.

I think we've added over a hundred in just the last Month so I bet there are quite a few from Kentucky.
Musketmans survey could only capture those folks who give a State in their info. A lot of people don't give anything so I would expect higher numbers for all of the States.

Welcome to the Forum KYJames. It's a good place to find just about anything there is to find about Black Powder Muzzleloaders.
Post often.

Howdy! I spent my last few years in the military at Ft. Knox, south of Louisville, so I spent a lot of time there in Louisville. An old Army buddy of mine still lives there. I also did a semester at UK (I lived on the 14th floor of Kirwan Tower on campus).

Thanks for the "welcomes". I've already enjoyed this board quite abit. Spent time last night reading Spot's info on his Lyman GPR kit as I've got one on order. Thanks again and talk to you all soon.

"Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Kentucky he will tell you. If not, don't embarass him." (Mark Twain aka Samuel Clements)

Welcome neighbor,

Lots of us play with all kinds of guns, modern ones included. But most of us get drawn back to this forum cause we love the history and beauty of these old guns!

Keep Yer Powder Dry Fellers,
"The Chuckster" ::

Welcome KYJames....I won't delve into the fondest memory I have of Kentucky except to say she was gorgeous....and....well...I said I wouldn't do that. The Thoroughbreds around Louisville had nothing on her! Yum-Yum!!!

I'd be just a bit west of you in the Missouri Ozarks...so we oughta have some things in common!

Oh...TwoShadows, it's "Clemens, Samuel Langhorn Clemens, aka Mark Twain, not 'Clements'". Trust me, I know whereof I speak. No dig or insult intended, merely a correction in the spelling of the name of one of Missouri's more famous individuals.

Vic

Welcome KYJAMES:

You're in good company being from Kentucky, lots of famous people are from there...

People like:
Captain John "Jack" Jouett (1754-1822) Revolutionary War hero;
Christopher "Kit" Carson (1809-1868) Indian agent, trapper, scout...
James Bowie (1796-1836) Texas Ranger who died at the Alamo...
Daniel Boone (1734-1820) Hunted and explored Kentucky...
Judge Roy Bean (1825-1903) Trader; bartender... infamous "hanging judge" of Langtry, Texas...
William Clark * (1770-1838) U.S. Army lieutenant; co-leader of the Lewis and Clark Expedition...
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) Born near Hodgenville...
McCoys of the Hatfield-McCoy feud... :winking:

The list goes on...
http://www.bigdogdesign.com/famouskys.html

Didn't most of them folks in that list move OUT of Kentucky? ::
I've spent a few times down around Hopkinsville/Fort Campbell area and all around the KY lake. Beautiful country.
Welcome to the site.

Yes Sir. I am well aware of the famous people from Ky. Been to Fort Boonesboro (Boone) and Fort Harrod(Clark)several times. My wife works with a wife of a Hatfield.
Alot of colorful history in this state (especially in my local region of Lexington). Jeff Davis lived about 5 blocks from where I work while he was going to Transylvania University. His room is about a mile from the Mary Todd Lincoln house. I often (during the Spring and Summer) go to the Henry Clay estate for lunch to get out of the office. I feel I'm truely blessed to live in this great state. I appologize somewhat for rattling on concerning my home state but dang I'm proud of it.
Conerning the Kirwan Tower, I spent my Freshman year in Haggin Hall and three years in Blanding II.

I have taken several deer from a private farm in Cadiz, KY. I a few friends at the Knight and Hale game call company. Most of all I like Kentucky Bourbon. Got my third bird this past hunt so my limit is full, I will have to return to the roundball and paper instead of the #4 shot and turkey out of the 1842 Springfield smoothie. Welcome to the board.

Bryan
blower of smoke
southwest Tennessee

Welcome to the fire Kyjames. I'm new here too. There are a bunch of real nice, friendly, knowledgeable people here. I have been through Kentucky when i was a kid,(many moons ago that was), some beautiful country there as i recall. Hey Mtn-Man2U, where abouts are ya in Oregon? I am about 18 miles east of Klamath Falls, near a small town called Bonanza.

I remember Transylvania University, I used to drive by there a lot when I was a student at UK. I called it "Vlad U." ::

My fondest memory of Kirwan Tower was that someone was always pulling the fire alarm at 3 a.m., at least twice a week. Hundreds of students would be sitting around in the cold, wainting for the 'okay' to go back in and go back to bed. Since there were so many people waiting to use the elevator, the rule was that everyone on the 15th floor and above could use the elevator. Everyone on the 14th floor down had to use the stairs. I lived on the 14th floor. :( When I got back up to my room, my legs were burning and my heart and lungs were pumping like a steam engine and I couldn't get back to sleep for another hour. By the end of one semester, I had legs like the Hulk.

Back