• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help ID this gun, please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photog

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a great new/used Sporting rifle this weekend and I can't find any info on it. It is a 50. Made by IAB, Marcheno Italy. It looks like a classic english Sporting Rifle.

Any info would be great.
full_length.jpg

stock8.jpg

patchbox.jpg

muzzle.jpg

It looks like they might have moved, since your rifle was made, and are now making only replica breechloaders.

I.A.B.

Importers:
E.M.F.
Dixie Gun Works
Kiesler’s Firearms

Factory:
Industria Armi Bresciane (Pedretti)
Via Matteotti, 311
I-25063 Gardone, Brescia ITALY
Phone/Fax No.: 011-39-030-891-2366
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever it is, it looks nice. Muzzle looks like it was made for a slip over false muzzle, but well crowned. Check the rifling twist to see if it's for long slugs rather than round balls.

English or Euro style. Bet it shoots nice too.

Sure in great condition. You lucked out for sure.

Thanks for the replys. I had found the current site, but it dosen't help much. The importers list is something to go on though. Thanks.

It does seem like a great gun. I didn't even think about twist rate, I'll have to check that.

Can you beleave i got it for $100.00, the only bad thing was some dumbass had put a scope on it. On the good side of that, it is an all steel Weaver which should be worth almost what I paid for the whole thing. It was a gun show find, the part time dealer said side locks weren't worth anything, and he just wanted to get rid of it.

Sucker!

5 minutes after I bought it I was already getting offers of $200 for it.

Hello from Germany!

Congrats to this buy! :thumbsup: Check the ROT and tell us how it shoots. I guess it has a 1 in 48" ROT.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I did a double and triple take on your rifle. It looks a lot like one of the late Don Brown or also deceased Craig Kern's rifles. They are in the $3000+ dollar range. You got a great buy and a beautiful rifle. Hope it shoots half as good as it looks.

Back