• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help ID + Condition Please - Pedersoli Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time you ship it and get it worked on and shipped back, your a good $200 in to the gun for a reline or re rifle. Going to smoothbore is a little cheaper...just depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

If it were me, I'd clean it first, as suggested above. It may shoot just fine with a few hours of cleaning invested. I have a smoothbore with a frighteningly ugly bore that will cloverleaf shots at 25 yards, you never know.

Someone needs to invent or find a stiff-ish metallic "pipe cleaner" that is firm enough to go in and out of Flash Channels. There must be something similar out there in the world of machinists or similar.

from the pictures i would invest some time and energy (both of which i am in short supply) in cleaning up that bore with scotch brite pads and some metal polish. i have shot worse and had them accurate. fouling can be overcome with swabbing after each shot. just takes a few seconds.

Someone needs to invent or find a stiff-ish metallic "pipe cleaner" that is firm enough to go in and out of Flash Channels. There must be something similar out there in the world of machinists or similar.
deer creek sells a clean out screw replacement that comes with a small wire brush for cleaning the flash channel

I have a bit of experience with Pedersoli and find them to be very nice people to deal with, they answer my emails usually within a day or two. You have a beautiful stock on the rifle and with the serial number Pedersoli can tell you the model and when it was built. They can also quote you on a new barrel if you find the need to go that way. Please note that all of Italy ( and a good part of Europe) will be going on summer vacation in the next week or so, so emails will take a bit longer after next week.

I would try cleaning it first. I have an original Enfield that was white with corrosion and it cleaned up. Thought maybe it was a smoothbore before cleaning. With a 20 inch barrel distance shooting is out but 25 and 50 yards it will group.

Back