• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identifying my rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has no markings. .40 cal rifled barrel. Was told it took several deer decades ago. Any idea?
Thanks
20220721_204829.jpg
20220721_204837.jpg

No markings usually means Jukar, and a kit, hence the lack of a serial number, too. They were supplied as a set of components with barrels and breech plugs that you assembled, and were therefore exempt from the need to be proofed in the country of origin.

Has no markings. .40 cal rifled barrel. Was told it took several deer decades ago. Any idea?
Thanks View attachment 151972View attachment 151973
I haven’t seen one of these in maybe 35 or 40 years. I’ve held them…I’ve never actually owned one…were there any markings under the barrel? That’s a Jukar…If there are no markings under the barrel, then it was a kit…

.40 calibre is a bit surprising…mostly, they were .45 calibre, then later .50 calibre.

It appears to me to be a percussion version of an Ultra-Hi rifle made by Miroku in the mid 1970s. I have the same rifle in flintlock.

I guess that settles it then. It's either Spanish or Japanese and either an Ultra-High, Jukar or CVA, and either a .40 or a .45 and possibly, but not necessarily kit built. Does that about sum it up?

Actually it should be a very good shooter if the bore's good.

It's been years but, if memory serves mine was a green mountain or so I was told by an older set of eyes than mine who built long guns in my town. ??? matters not, It shot well & took several deer. I was a happy camper!!!

Latest posts

Back