• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.36 Colt Navy that powerful??????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we worry too much about one shot stops.
If someone needs to be shot, they deserve to be shot at least twice.
I have reason to believe that when the “shootee” is hit multiple times, the various calibers all perform pretty much the same.
I believe FMJ bullets with FLAT NOSES (wide meplat) are a good compromise in auto pistols, and I use them in my carry guns when I can. They are often hard to come by.
In .380 I buy Winchester white box FMJ FP when I stumble onto some.
In a 23 year period I responded to over 50 shots fired calls. I can tell you from first hand experience the FMJ is NOT what you want to shoot someone meaning to do you harm with, except head or spine shots.

In a 23 year period I responded to over 50 shots fired calls. I can tell you from first hand experience the FMJ is NOT what you want to shoot someone meaning to do you harm with, except head or spine shots.
Did you ever see wounds caused by wide meplat FMJ bullets?
They are not common at all. Round nose is 99.9% of what is made.
I only use them in my .380’s .

Back