• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HELP identifying this black powder rifle!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtroub0625

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I need help identifying this black powder rifle I bought at a garage sale. I know nothing about it and it has no identification marks that I can find. Thank you for any information!
IMG_4585.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4586.jpeg
    4.9 MB
  • IMG_4587.jpeg
    6.3 MB
  • IMG_4588.jpeg
    6.2 MB
  • IMG_4589.jpeg
    6.3 MB
  • IMG_4590.jpeg
    5.8 MB
  • IMG_4591.jpeg
    5.6 MB
Are there any markings on the barrel or lock? Have you had it apart, marks may be on the inside of lock or under the barrel........... Going by what I can see it looks like a fairly modern build. 1960's thru the 1980's era. Screws in the trigger guard, the brass band on the stock (usually seen on inexpensive imports and kit guns to hide a two piece stock), the large amount of wood around the lock and sideplate all would indicate that it's not an original 1800's gun but a later build. Someone put a fair amount of effort into it, looks nice. The brass band could indicate it started out as a kit to which someone added their own touches to dress it up. Possibly they built it from parts but for some reason used a two piece stock (or thought the brass band on the cheap guns looked cool?)..

Back