• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help me figure out what guns are this photo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help me figure out what guns are in this photo mainly interested in the handguns. These ole boys the Reno Bros committed the world's first train robbery Oct 6 1866 in Seymour Indiana in Jackson County Indiana. I know they committed the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd train robberies long before the James gang did. I adore my local history and Jackson Co is filled with such. Anyway I THINK the ole boy sitting in the chair to the right has two Colt 1860 due to the backstrap being longer but what do you think? The fella standing on the left the handle is not as long so thinking that could be a Colt 1851 Navy. What do yall think?
Reno_Brothers_gang_1.jpg

Back