• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hertferd, NC event

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miki

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am putting this out here so you can consider it. It will be Sept 6-9, 2007. It is the Newbold White House's Hearth and Harvest Festival Fall Rendezvous. Now we want to try to get persons for all the time period of 1640-1840. Not just the Mountainman era. We will have wood, water, and straw available as well as access to the Pequimans River, just off the Chesapeak Bay for swimming and fishing. We did a small event there last year and were well recieved, so we have been asked to do it again. Here is the website[url] http://www.geocities.com/nbwhevent/index.html[/url] we hope you take a look and consider coming.

Thank you,
Miki

Last edited by a moderator:
Most excellent. I was talking to Flick about this not too long ago and he said he would like to see it happen too!! Now just got to get the time off from work. :hatsoff:

For anyone who can make it, we will be starting work parties after the first of the year. We want to get the woods cleared so we can camp there. If you can help or want more information, call Jay Nix at 252-482-3192 in the evenings.

Well this would be nice to start and learn
at I am new but want to try and help.plus learn more about this.I live in Granville County.Central NC
North of Raleigh and east of Durham.And not afraid of work.I am 51 and ready.Hope someone can get in touch.
[email protected]

I said I would keep y'all up to date on this event. I got a registration form Split Rails.

They will be there and starting in Jan there will be a work party each month to try to clear the wooded area. Chain saws, weedeaters and lots of help is what is needed. The first work party will be Jan. 20-21, 2007, then Feb 17-18 and March 17-18. You can camp on the site.

Later,
Miki

I wanted to let you know I have updated the website for the event in Hertford, NC at the Newbold White House. We have set the work party schedule and would appreciate it if you can help. Just let either Jay or myself know if you are coming and if you need camping area. Right now is the time to get the woods cleared out. If we can't get them cleared, then we cant camp in them. There is plenty of space in the field, but come on we all would prefer the shade.
Here is the site:[url] http://www.geocities.com/nbwhevent/index.html[/url]

Also we have 2 traders scheduled to be there, Split Rails and Eastern Colonial Trade Goods. We have a limited traders area that is why we are limiting which traders can get in. We are looking for seminar presenters. There is a place if you wanted to do some trekking also.

Happy New Year to y'all,
Miki

Hi all,

This weekend is a work party for the event. If you are planning on coming out give Jay a call at 252-482-3192 so he will know he has some help. There is camp space if needed.

Later,
Miki

To all, I wanted to announce that we have worked things out with the site folk of the Newbold White House Fall Rendezvous. What you might ask, well let me tell you. If you are planning on camping and show either your OVPR member's medallion or a CoHT membership card you can get the pre-registration price at the gate. Please let everyone you know, know.

Your Humble Servant,
Miki Nelson
[email protected][url] http://www.geocities.com/nbwhevent/index.html[/url]

I am sorry to have to pass this on. If you have pre-registered your registration fee will be returned. If you have any questions contact me off list.

July 28, 2007

Dear friends,

I am sorry to inform you that after exhaustive attempts to get a response from the Newbold White House, we, the Perquimans County Rangers, will not be attending the Hearth and Harvest Festival this year. We made every effort to get the site management to contact us with no response. This is not a recent development; this has been going on since the new Site Manager took control. We had no choice. I do not know if the staff is still planning on allowing people to camp. You will need to contact them directly. Steven Jay Nix of Edenton, NC and Miki Nelson of Pittsburgh, PA will not have any involvement. We along with the old site manager worked together to make a good event for all. We are sorry we could not do it again.

If you have ever been involved in coordinating an event of any size you know what is involved so that those who attend can have a great time. A lot of time was put in on our part. We organized work parties to benefit the site. We had split wood on site that was removed by site management to places unknown. And finally, the finale details needed to be discussed and no discussion or even acknowledgement was made to any of our attempts. I will not put on an event that is not worthy of the site, location and era represented. If you would like to contact the site directly please do so at[url] http://www.newboldwhitehouse.com/[/url] or 252-426-7567.

Those in the reenactment community and the area residents do not fear, we are exploring other sites and weekends for this encampment. We believe from the response of last year’s event that this area wants this type of encampment to help promote the history of the area and education in the life of early America. We will let you know as soon as possible when a site is found. Unfortunately it will not be in time for the 2007 season. This is a passion for Mr. Nix and myself not just a hobby. If you would like more information about a site to use or how to get involved with the encampment you may contact myself Miki Nelson [email protected], H 724-695-0834 (after 6pm EST) or C 412-334-7366.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause,

Steven Jay Nix

Michelle Miki Nelson

Sorry to hear this as this is one event I had planned on attending coming up from Jacksonville, Fla. Will keep up on your future doings.

Believe me I have done everything short of funding this thing myself. The new staff does not work well with others. We are going to get something going in the area, we will keep everyone informed.

Miki

Latest posts

Back