• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey everyone!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Martin

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum.After hunting with an inline for years, I've really been bitten by the traditional bug.I'm thinking of trying to put together a flintlock longrifle of some variety, but I have a lot of questions.After searching for a while for a good ML forum, I think I've finally found one.I am knowledgeable about weaponry, but I have never even fired a flintlock.So, I am sure I'll be asking many questions in the next few months!Thanks!Oh, by the way, I had trouble coming up with a screen name, so I borrowed the name "Benjamin Martin" from one of my favorite movies, "The Patriot".I though it was appropriate for this forum.Thanks again!

Welcome, You have found the best ML forum. Lots of knowledge here. There's a lot of others here that can answer your questions so far as flintlocks. But if you ever need anything about blacksmithing I maybe can help. anvil

Welcome Benjamin,

I've learned alot in the last couple months on this forum. And it's made me want to build a flintlock. I know you'll enjoy a "rock-rifle" more than your inlines. :grin:

You've come to the right place, once you get to shooting a "real" rifle (even if it does hapen to be a caplock) you will never even think about picking up any " :cursing: inlines" again. Keep active, ask many questions and share your experiences.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Ben,
Welcome to the MLF, glad to have you on board. Lots of friendly folks and information
here. Always glad to have another Buckeye in the
group. What part of the state do you call home?
Visit often and contribute when you can.
Again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Thanks for the welocome!
Snake eyes, I'm from around Lima (allen county).The hunting isn't the greatest, but I manage to do alright and I go to Morgan and Vinton counties a couple times each fall for some serious hunting.I'll have to look up Reynoldsburg, I've heard of it, but I'm not sure what part of the state you're in.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Benjamin Martin said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum.After hunting with an inline for years, I've really been bitten by the traditional bug.

Yep, that black powder bug sure packs a bite... :haha:

convlbug.jpg

Welcome to the forum... :hatsoff:

Welcome to the Forum! :)

You will find out more than you ever thought you would want to know from the members here.

When it comes to Traditional Muzzleloading, I don't think you could find a better, friendlier, more knowledgeable group of people anywhere on the net, so ask away. We aim to please! :)

Zonie :)

welcome aboard ben. always glad to have another buckeye for the Army of Ohio. glad to hear your dabbling in traditional smokepoles. be safe and hit the x. walrus

underhammers forever

Wow, this is the friendliest forum I've ever been on.Thanks again for the welcomes.Oh, and that blackpowder(Goex) bug is pretty cool! Thanks again!

Back