• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey NYrs ya ready ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave n

36 Cal.
Reaction score
You guys ready ? Four days and counting . Forecast I saw says rain up to sat. With possible showers on sat . Should make for some good stalking conditions .
Good luck all !

11 more days to go here in Oklahoma before it opens.
Hope to get one this year.
Had to eat tree bark stew last year. Phooee!!! :nono:

I'm waiting for Nov.19th to hunt deer with the smokepole. Then I can hunt right here behind my house and not have to travel. If I get the hankerin to hunt I'll grab the smoothbore for some squirrel hunting.

I have'ta wait till Nov.14th for muzzleloading opening Day. Then gun season starts Nov.19th. Pretty sure I have my Load figured out. 90grns 1.5 KIK, 1/16 OPW with.495 round ball.

thinkin bow fer the weekend (wood longbow)maybe ml next week up north,,,,rifle? smoothie? not sure...yet..but it'll be with a Stroh! :thumbsup:

adkmountainken said:
i will be in my stand at the top of the mountain by 6am sharp waiting to make meat!!! going to give my T.C. smoothie a try for deer.
Good luck with your smoothie. Be warned, though, if you connect you will be hooked, smoothies get in your blood.

Our 2-day early muzzleloader season here in Kentucky opens tomorrow, so I'll be sitting on my butt at 6 am at the base of a huge osage orange tree. I went there a few days ago while squirrel hunting and cleared some shooting lanes. Can't wait with any grace.

Spence

Local weather report is awful for tomorrow. 55° and 40% chance of rain - not so bad - but 20 to 25 mph winds with gusts to 50 mph. That's pretty bad for bowhunting. Yesterday was a full moon, so the bambii will be holed up tight.

My father and uncle are ready for tomorrow up in our camp in the Adirondacks. I'm hopin they get one of the two bears they been seeing the last two months up there. :thumbsup:

Rain or shine , can't wait . :grin: Heading up to the Schroon Lake area in the morning . Only about a 40 min drive .

Good Luck Ken. I'm heading out back shortly. Been seeing alot of deer. Thursday was a good day, just couldn't get a shot. I can only hunt this morning so hopefully thier moving around. Looks like it is going to be really windy - usually not a good sign here.

Great day in the mts . Would of been better if I could've laid one down . Still a great day for a day that was suppose to be a wash . Guess you can't listen to Mr monkey all the time ( trivia question - if your from this neck of the woods and your over 50 you should know who Mr monkey is).

You betcha! 1956 Ford 640. Boone and Crocket woulda both used one if they had one. My bow was made in 1966. That's pretty traditional. ;-)

I dragged deer for 25 or more years; sometimes for miles. Such luxury to go shag the deer off the back hill with a tractor.

Back