• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi all, I haven't been shooting black powder all that long. Bought a new 44 revolver a few years ago and am finally getting a chance to shoot more.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobR1

32 Cal
Reaction score
I live in Indiana. Wife and I have had some health issues the last few years. I think we may have a break from hospitals soon. I belong to the Fort Wayne Izzak Walton League. Their range is pretty nice and well maintained, makes it more enjoyable to shoot because of the range officers who volunteer to man (or woman) the range keep things safe. I've spent a little time reading through some posts and watching a couple of videos on the muzzleloader forum. Learned a couple of interesting things so far.

Welcome from New York State's Central-Leatherstocking region.

Izzak Walton League? Wasn't he an angler? In fact, he wrote the book on it.
Our group has several acres which includes a large pond for fishing and trails through the property for hikers or bird watchers in addition to the rifle range and pistol range and trap range and an archery range. And yes I think the founder was an avid fisherman who respected the great outdoors and founded the organization to protect all aspects of nature.

Our group has several acres which includes a large pond for fishing and trails through the property for hikers or bird watchers in addition to the rifle range and pistol range and trap range and an archery range. And yes I think the founder was an avid fisherman who respected the great outdoors and founded the organization to protect all aspects of nature.
Sounds very much like a club I'd love to belong to. I fly-fish, tie my own flies, bowhunt with recurves and wood arrows (that's where the "Stumpkiller" camp name came from - I like roving with blunts better than hunting.) :). Used to have a local NFAA course to play at. 80 yard targets without sights makes the 20 yard hunting shots MUCH easier. MANY years ago I used to shoot PPC with the local Sheriff's. Lucked into a half-mile deep property with few neighbors 18 years ago so I'm a homebody now.

Latest posts

Back