• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jal5

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just inherited two bp rifles from an uncle and one is a long rifle, smoothbore, an African trade musket I think. The other is a percussion cap with rifled barrel. Both were made from kits by my uncle in the early 80's. I have experience with many other firearms but these are my first traditional bp firearms so I am looking forward to learning alot from this forum!
Joe

Jal5,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with us.
Always great to see another Buckeye in the group.
What part of the state is home to you.
Hope you will visit and contribute often.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Thanks snake eyes. I am in Jefferson Co. good to find other Buckeyes here. Lets hope OSU does better in the Rose Bowl this year!

Here's one more welcome from another buckeye. Jefferson County's not that far away so you should come to Ft. Henry days in Wheeling over labor day. It's a good place to meet some more muzzlestuffers.

Hi Joe, :hatsoff:

Greeting from another Buckeye. I live about 25 miles south of Columbus, there are several clubs around where you can go shoot and learn about those new rifles. Some over your direction, we even have shooters from as far as Shadeyside come over to Columbus to shoot. Will have a shoot on New Year's day if you are interested. This is a great forum to learn from. Just ask questions and you will get answers here. :grin:

See ya, Jim/OH :thumbsup:

Thanks but NYDay is no good for me. I will start asking members at my gun club and work from there to help me with these. I am looking forward to learning all I can about them.

Joe

Hi Joe! You should be able to learn a lot just by reading earlier posts in the area you are interested in.

Jim/OH said:
Hi Joe, :hatsoff:

Greeting from another Buckeye. I live about 25 miles south of Columbus, there are several clubs around where you can go shoot and learn about those new rifles. Some over your direction, we even have shooters from as far as Shadeyside come over to Columbus to shoot. Will have a shoot on New Year's day if you are interested. This is a great forum to learn from. Just ask questions and you will get answers here. :grin:

See ya, Jim/OH :thumbsup:

Jim, I'm in the process of moving to Southern Ohio in Hocking county. Where is the club you shoot at?

Jal5 said:
Thanks snake eyes. I am in Jefferson Co. good to find other Buckeyes here. Lets hope OSU does better in the Rose Bowl this year!
Jefferson County,home of Stubidville..Just
funning.:surrender: Back in my day one of the
greatest rivalies in Ohio football was
Stubenville/Massilon...Course that was the early
to late 60's. Yep, 1960's.It's a b..ch getting old.
Don't worry about the Buckeyes......They will bring the roses home to Ohio.

Hi Tommy,

The club I am talking about is the Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club. I will send you a PT and give further info. :thumbsup:

Thanks, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Tommy,
That is a great club,very friendly and helpful
folks,you will be glad if you make the visit.I am a member,though not very active.But,I get there 3/4 times a year usually midweek to do my shooting.Great place to meet like minded friends.
I know I am way :eek:ff :nono: SORRY!
snake-eyes :hmm:

Latest posts

Back