• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hi

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coalburner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
new member who hunted muzzleloader years ago and is getting back into it , have a tc hawken 54 cal , i use a maxiball with 100 grain of black powder or pyrodex equivalent, anyone with a more accurate load let me know thank you

Welcome coalburner, we habe a few T/C shooters here, so I suppose you may end up with quite a few different loads...

So, where are you from, I'm from N. E. Ohio...

Welcome to the group Coalburner!
Thanks for asking the question. I think you will find that your not going to have a problem getting an answer on Muzzleloadingforum. Your problem is going to be figuring out which one of the dozens of loads your going to get is the best one.
Of course, you will have to go try them all out to find the answer. "Boy, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it."

Actually, you will get a lot more answers to your question if you post it over at the Percussion or Flintlock area because a lot of people don't stop by the Welcome area very often.

Again, Welcome to you!

coalburner: Wecome To Our Band Of Brother's And Sister's That Loved To Shoot Blackpowder! !!
I have a T/C 54cal Hawkens, the barrel has 1:48 twist. I have shot 100 grains blackpowder (no pyrodex). That's a good wake up shot in the morning. I have shot 80grs of BP
will good accuracy. I was shooting with a maxiball (420grs)
I belive. Anyway, Welcome to the Camp!! Mtn-Man2u :)

AAAAGGGHHHH ! ! Danger, danger! Fear, Fire, Foes! Circle the wagons! Hide the wimmins! Blindfold the chillins! Has anyone noticed Coalburner's profile page!

Profile for coalburner

Email eaglmn1208@_yahoo.com
Member # 926
Name
Title member
Total Posts 1
Homepage
Occupation retail manager
Hobbies hunting , fishing , photography ,bowling
Location n.e.ohio
Bio musketmans older and better looking brother
ICQ Number
Registered on 06/10/04 08:32 AM

. . . better looking brother

Well, he don't set himself much of a benchmark, but we still better keep one eye open for this feller. A tree that produces one nut probally has more on it. ::

Bio musketmans older and better looking brother

Wal, hill! That don't make fer much o' a challenge.
Tha "older" ye gets with the draw o the cards, an as fer the "better looking"....wal...ye don't hav ta be a Rembrant ta win that one neither.

Ole Zonie dun tol ye, first ye let the camel sniff around, then ye notice his nose under yer tent wall an the next thin ye knows.....

Hay, Coalburner. Jus funnin wit ye.
As Ah said afore, yer more than welcome har.

Oh my coal burner if you're half the man that MM is to the board you'll be a welcome asset!

Welcome and keep your bro straight!

Chuck Goodall
"The Original Huntinfool" ::

Back