• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murray

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone
My name is Murray Barlow and I live just outside of Cape Town in South Africa. I recently attended a demonstration shoot where there were muzzleloaders being fired. I fired two rounds and now i am hooked. I am very keen to get into muzzleloading, firstly here in South Africa we don't need licenses for muzzleloaders and airguns. This is new legeslation and has been coupled with the tightening of our conventional private gun laws making it very difficult to buy a conventional firearm. I am both a keen hunter and target shotist currently ranked 28th in South Africa for air rifle at a junior level. I hunt mainly Eqyptian Geese and wild peacock which are both considered a pest here and currently use a .22 to do this. I am keen to get myself a percussion muzzleloader and have my eye on the Ardesa range of rifles which are well priced in this country...but i will ask questions refering to those rifles in the appropriate forum.

It's great to find such a comprehensive and helpful forum!

Murray,
welcome to the forum glad to have you with us. it
don't matter but i was just wondering how you found this
site. lots of info and friendly people here,so join in whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

Murray,
Glad you could join us. I am also a recent convert to muzzleloaders and you will appreciate the helpful advice that everyone here will be glad to give to you.

:)

Hello Murray, we have another South African member here, Hein is from Johannesburg, South Africa...

Glad you chose this forum to become a member of...

Welcome.

There's a number of us who have fully or mostly phased center-fires out of our lives and don't feel terribly deprived. Hope we can help you work into a muzzleloader (or several) to get you sooty and happy like us. :thumbsup:

Hello Murray, we have another South African member here, Hein is from Johannesburg, South Africa...
Great to see some South Africans on, like i said the sport has always been present in this country for a number of years but has been relitively small, with the removal of the need for muzzleloaders needing a license the sport has taken off...which is great.

I know i am going off the topic a bit but do US citizens require licenses for thier muzzleloaders?

Latest posts

Back