• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

High quality replicas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proton

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Florian, I am. A competitive muzzleloader shooter from Austria.
I shoot percussion pistols 25m (MLAIC rulebook).

At the moment I am shooting a pedersoli Le Page, but I am looking for a better quality gun.
Actually I placed an order at https://www.dedinski.de/verkauf/pis...inghurst/billinghurst-unterhammerpistole.html
But I have to wait for 1,5 years till fulfilment.

I would like to ask you, if you know similar high quality gunmakers — I am looking for new flintlock smoothbore pistols and matchlocks, but even percussion pistols too.

Thanks,

Florian

Proton, I’m sorry I can’t help you but others on the forum may be able to. But I want to welcome you from Indiana. You appear to be a serious shooter. I hope you find this forum fun.
Good luck,
Phill

Just to extend a Welcome. I loved shooting handguns when I was younger and got good enough to place really high on a Police Practical Course. I suspect it was working labor position, all those muscles to lock in a good steady hold. My step dad and I used to go head to head. He was a bit better than I was and he was a group manager by then. No wimp but not my kind of muscles either.

I know little about ML like you are shooting. My take is general build guns are a coin flip. Low cost mfg can build a very good barrel though tend to not and good mfg builds better barrels but getting a competition level one/.................

I build my own rifles up from recovered receivers. Those are all bull custom barrels (or actually low rate mfg). Two have been just plain pathetic let alone for the cost. If I want 1 1/4 inch accuracy I can get that out of a factory barrel.

Three have been solid to very very good. One of the solid ones is from an mfg that gave me a very good barrel.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Florian, I am. A competitive muzzleloader shooter from Austria.
I shoot percussion pistols 25m (MLAIC rulebook).

At the moment I am shooting a pedersoli Le Page, but I am looking for a better quality gun.
Actually I placed an order at https://www.dedinski.de/verkauf/pis...inghurst/billinghurst-unterhammerpistole.html
But I have to wait for 1,5 years till fulfilment.

I would like to ask you, if you know similar high quality gunmakers — I am looking for new flintlock smoothbore pistols and matchlocks, but even percussion pistols too.

Thanks,

Florian

Florian consider buying & shooting original quality European pistols.
Should have no problem locating excellent choices where you live.

Back