• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HILLBILLY HOCKEY STICK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comfortably_Numb

The Evil Mike Brooks
Reaction score
Sept 2nd is the squirrel season opener so I figured I better get with it. Copy of a leanord Nash rifle of NC. 44 inch barrel 15/16 at the breech, 5/8 at the waist and 3/4 at the muzzle in .32 caliber. Chambers late Kentland lock. Stock is 1/4 sawn and shows light curl on the sides but none on the top or bottom. 4 1/2 inches of drop. Barrel weight is 5lbs.

Attachments

• 20230827_102525.jpg
    20230827_102525.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230827_101051.jpg
    20230827_101051.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230827_093445.jpg
    20230827_093445.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 0
Looks like some nice wood there:thumb:. You sure you have enough room to move around in that shop?:dunno:

I'm liking this one too, will be taking notes as I want to build a .36 with similar stock profile.

Off-topic question: the band saw blade guide kit, is it a commercially available conversion or did you make it? I have the exact same saw and have overhauled it but find the factory side guide pins to be pretty much useless even when set up properly just behind the kerf of the teeth. I looked for a conversion kit but didn't find anything for the old Sears 12".

I'm liking this one too, will be taking notes as I want to build a .36 with similar stock profile.

Off-topic question: the band saw blade guide kit, is it a commercially available conversion or did you make it? I have the exact same saw and have overhauled it but find the factory side guide pins to be pretty much useless even when set up properly just behind the kerf of the teeth. I looked for a conversion kit but didn't find anything for the old Sears 12".
This is the first time I have used this saw. It's all stock. No mods.

Hi Mike,
Great project. Stocks in which the barrel tang bends very little such that the bend at the wrist really gets going well back on the lock and triggers are fairly common You see it on many originals including Frederick Sell and George Eister but it always looks awkward to me. Does that design fit the shooter really well and is that the reason it was common?

dave

Back