• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HILLBILLY HOCKEY STICK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it when people show some reason. I get my fill of those who don't. A little rant... Just yesterday someone was highly offended that the trigger guard spur return on his Woodsrunner didn't hit the exact center of the trigger plate and that there were supposedly some minute rust specs on the barrel outside. Thought I did him wrong.
Been there. Done that. I feel your pain. It's why I don't take any orders anymore and never will again. But past that being self employed is great!

I like it when people show some reason. I get my fill of those who don't. A little rant... Just yesterday someone was highly offended that the trigger guard spur return on his Woodsrunner didn't hit the exact center of the trigger plate and that there were supposedly some minute rust specs on the barrel outside. Thought I did him wrong.
“Customers” like that made me decide never to do any more commission pieces or instruments. It’s so much more relaxing now😊
Ps: sorry I kind of ditto’d Mike’s comment above… didn’t see it at first.

Jim, I made archery bows for many years and ran a business full time for the last 17 years before retiring. Among many similar stories, I had a guy saw zig zags through the back fiberglass of his new bow so he could paint it like an “Indian” bow. Of course it broke the first time he pulled it back and he wanted to return it under warranty.

Mike, I really like the looks of the rifle you are building. 4 1/2” drop makes for a good offhand rifle if you hold it right. That’s why I like the Bedford County style rifles.

Jim, with attention to detail and the products you put out I'm surprised anyone would find a reason to come back at you! I guess there are always a few, you can tell from the people on here and their comments what most feel about you and your company.

“Customers” like that made me decide never to do any more commission pieces or instruments. It’s so much more relaxing now😊
"made me decide never to do any more commission pieces"

Wow. Wish I had known. Guess I'll stop asking you for a horn!

"made me decide never to do any more commission pieces"

Wow. Wish I had known. Guess I'll stop asking you for a horn!
I believe Pathfinder means he'll keep making them of his own design and sell those. At least I hope that is what he was saying .... because, I am in line for one of his as well! WZ

I believe Pathfinder means he'll keep making them of his own design and sell those. At least I hope that is what he was saying .... because, I am in line for one of his as well! WZ
Not to derail this thread (sorry if so!)- but I yes am still making horns- just not by commission, as stated above.

I know a gifted gun builder who simply quit building several years ago because of such "nitpickers". I am very glad I got one of his rifles while he still was building them.

Have to tell another story... Chuck Edwards finishes quite a few of our rifles when customers request a complete rifle. Well recently, he finished one that was beautiful. After receiving it, the customer was disappointed in the rifle because the pin ends were different depths below the stock surface. Just imagine what this fellow must be like...

Have to tell another story... Chuck Edwards finishes quite a few of our rifles when customers request a complete rifle. Well recently, he finished one that was beautiful. After receiving it, the customer was disappointed in the rifle because the pin ends were different depths below the stock surface. Just imagine what this fellow must be like...
Fill the holes with colored wax

Nice , I really appreciate the knowledge of this craft you guys have. Funny I didn't know comfortably numb was Mike Brooks.lol
I sure enjoy building ml,s but I sure am a novice.

He probably wanted the ends fire-blued and pressed in so as not to mar the bluing, too. Sheesh.

Back