• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hog Hunt with My 10 Ga. & .715 Ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Rosenthal

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Have a Hog Hunt scheduled with Mosin Rob next month. Since I already harvested one with my Walker revolver last time, this time I'm thinking of bringing my 10 ga. SxS percussion since I don't own a double rifle.

Anybody else here ever bring a SxS do hunt a Hog?

Dave

I had one but it shot rt/rt and left/left and low so I sold it. I used to use a plastic cup and load it with .32 caliber balls, rips the legs off coyotes!

To all:

Believe it or not I've developed a potent & accurate load: 72 grains of 3Fg Goex Pistol Powder, a .125 OP card, a 2.5" spit-dampened commercial cleaning patch (bought by the thousand), the .715 round ball, and 2 Overshot cards (to hold everything TIGHT during recoil, no matter which side lights-off 1st). At 25 yards it shoots to POA, makin' quite an impressive explosion on a 2-liter bottle :shocked2: . In fact, at the last Novelty Shoot I was at, I shot-up my end of a 2x4 pretty darn good, takin' HUGE chunks of wood outta it at 20 yards. That 1.25 oz. round ball ought to put a nice hole in a hog, lol!

Back