• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

home made trigger guard vise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldhunter

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I can't seem to find it. :( In a recent post there was picture of a trigger guard vise that clamps into a regular vise that someone made (with materials list) If someone could post the link to that post I'd appreciate it. :thumbsup:

I don't know if this is it or not. I have used one like this for years & it is easy to make & sturdy. Some 7/16 or 1/2" key stock ans a could of thumbnail screws & weld it up.

When ya want to work on the other side of the triggerguard ya just llip the bracket intot he vice, invert the TG mounted in the other bracket & go to it.

Dsc08562.jpg

Dsc08563.jpg

Dsc08564.jpg

Dsc08565.jpg

Cool :thumbsup:

also glad to see that someone's bench sort of looks like mine :haha:

:redface: unfortunately that was After I cleaned it up. :redface:

That is why it is up there, in case someone wants to copy it. It sure makes it ALLOT easier to file one & sand it & etc. I fought those aggravating buggers for years & finally one day decided I was going to make a holder come H or high water.
So I make one base for each type guard and they will all work in the other part to flip them over. At first I was going to make it adjustable, but it was not sturdy enough, too many places moving & by the time I get it all pinned & secure, it is time to move it again. I just cut out 4 bases, welded them up for 4 dif types of guards & they will last ya for years.. .

Its a good design :thumbsup: I was thinking about the adjustable part and came up with the same conclusion :haha: Glad I didn't try making it :grin: Heck I don't see a way to improve on it either. :thumbsup:

If you use round stock for the rail that you pinch in the vise, you can rotate the whole assembly toward or away from yourself. I got one like that i haven't used since I stopped working with cast guards, but it worked like a champ.

Those aren't the one I was thinking of, but they'll work. The one I saw was made of wood.

the two plates sandwiched together should be plenty easy to make.

Theres a third smaller plate sandwiched between the outside ones. its made of 1/8" aluminum.

Latest posts

Back