• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hopkins & Allen .36 rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree with GMWW, we need a picture. sounds like a great rifle.
IM000815.jpg
this picture is a close-up of my h&a .45 target models receiver area.

Wal unless your pin and screws (2 for hammer+trigger) Numrich has them stillin factory plastic for about $4 for all 3, I replaced them all in the 48"er. FRED :hatsoff:

thanks fred, i'll have to order a set or two for spares. hey, did you buy that lollipop sight?

Don't think my receiver look like your's. Maybe not sculpted to match the flats. I do know the one you're referring to in the picture. Will get some shots tomorrow.

RedFeather

BTW, are you guys saying that fellow who floods gunbroker with adds for $249 underhammer kits is out of stock? If so, he ought to take his buy it nows off the listings.

http://www.dedinski.com/
This web sight is not for the faint of heart. Custom underhammers from Germany. Price is about $2600 to start if I did the euro conversion correctly. He also does pistols.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested there is an underhammer for sale at "www.myoldrifles.com I do not know the seller, and the price is a tad high....but he says it is in new condition.
Sooo if you are interested??
Best Regards

Old Ford

Yes I got it let me know if you need it. And yes the guy from gunbroker is out, they gave me the parts dept to use till they decide if they want to build them again. The German rifle is a work of art but 2200 I dont know, you can get a zepher for that. :hatsoff: fred[/color]

Old Ford said:
For those interested there is an underhammer for sale at "www.myoldrifles.com I do not know the seller, and the price is a tad high....but he says it is in new condition.
Sooo if you are interested??
Best Regards

Old Ford

It looked to me like it was in fine shape pictures are available at[url] http://members8.clubphoto.com/chris517814/4061068/guest.phtml[/url]

As to the price, I've paid $300 for older rifles, maybe foolishly, but I'd pay $350 for this one, if I wanted an underhammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make a call in the mornning but it looks like a polished old model , it has the tapper pin, but not the old type hammer sping , and I'd guess someone put the sights on it 300-350 is about right, thats what I'd let one of mine go for. No one makes them anymore (at least for now). Fred :hatsoff:

Can't help folks with a .36 but I have an H&A Heritage model in .45 for sale at $275. It is in excellent condition except that someone tapped 6 holes in the top flat, presumably for a scope mount. The bore is bright and shiny and the wood is not bad. The brass plating of the cap box has worn to more silver than brass, but all in all a good rifle if you like underhammers. Some day I'll learn to post photos!

Joe ck "useing the forum"-"for sale" I'v been "chastised" for saying I got this for sale its a no-no or as the head man said somepeople would be just listing page after page of things, and belive me I do need the money right now.I should put all of "it" on a auction site but I'd like for it to stay inside the members of NMLRA, if its "the rifle" isnt made again we would be up the creek. Just thought I'd let you know I got "told" dont do that. Fred :hatsoff:

Yeah, been waiting to put that on classified, waintin and waiting and still waiting. The technology is way over my head, had a heck of a time just changing my Email address! :haha: Hopefully someone is working to get the classifieds up and thankfully it ain't me!

Until they get the classifieds fixed, I don't have a problem with people posting items here. For one, it's right on the money for this string. For another, it's downright socialble to offer here first. Over on RimfireCentral they have a For Sale section, but there are occasional posts within the specific forums, too. If I didn't have one already, that Heritage would be right tempting. And .45 is not that far from .36.

Back