• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hopkins & Allen Underhammer Boot Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few underhammers and run into this problem some times. I take a small hammer and tap on the non-screw head side. Tapping the pin tighter to the frame. Eventually it seems to ‘catch’ and the screw (with my finger on the other side) will unthread. It may take you doing it several times but it will work eventually. It has for me and I’ve used no other method. Don’t give up after a couple tries.

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpeg
    IMG_6140.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
They may have a taper on the smooth end or a keep lug like Stevens single shot use in the model 44s.
There is a slight collar on the female end of the pin. I set it aside for a couple of days hoping the Kroil will seep into the threads and loosen them up before I try again to unscrew them!

You can put a bit of red Loc-tite on/in the female end/joint to secure it while turning out the threaded end. It takes 20 min to set up if you can work a bit of it in the joint while still liquid.

Back