• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

how 2 tell age your t/c

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leserz

32 Cal.
Reaction score
there a way to tell how old a t/c is ? this might be pretty hard thompson used the same barrel for different stocks. to make different models. reason is what i have read that parts for pre 1985? parts are no longer avalable due to a fire. that true ? a life time warranted gun is not much if i there are no parts for it. but cant think of much that can go wrong on a percussion rifle.

leserz said:
there a way to tell how old a t/c is ? this might be pretty hard thompson used the same barrel for different stocks. to make different models. reason is what i have read that parts for pre 1985? parts are no longer avalable due to a fire. that true ? a life time warranted gun is not much if i there are no parts for it. but cant think of much that can go wrong on a percussion rifle.

There was a huge plant fire in 1997 that destroyed multiple buildings...one of the buildings destroyed had housed the equipment and support parts for the Cherokee and Seneca, which had already been taken out of new production and they didn't reinvest tooling to make more parts for those models. The way they have honored lifetime warranty in the past under circumstances like those is to offer an alternative replacement muzzleloader.

When did T/C switch from high hammer to low hammer?
That may narrow it down a bit. :hmm:

roundball said:
leserz said:

There was a huge plant fire in 1997 that destroyed multiple buildings...one of the buildings destroyed had housed the equipment and support parts for the Cherokee and Seneca, which had already been taken out of new production and they didn't reinvest tooling to make more parts for those models. The way they have honored lifetime warranty in the past under circumstances like those is to offer an alternative replacement muzzleloader.

that's not a bad deal then :thumbsup:

I bought mine in 1977-78. .45 Hawken. The stock has a belly to it that I understand they stopped doing in the 80's. Not sure if that is correct, but if it is might help.

Just got off the phone with T/C they are out of stocks, barrels and most of the big stuff for the seneca and cherokee. In five years they expect to be totally out of everything.
they have nipples and some other small stuff but that is all.

Now my problem I am looking for the barrel wrenches for the hawken 50 caliber, renegade 54 caliber, seneca 36 caliber and the cherokee 32 caliber anyone know where I can get these??
thanks

Back