• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

how long a wait for a TVM?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiterabbit88

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of posts here that say you have to wait a bit for a rifle from TVM, but they are totally worth the wait. So my question is: how long is the wait usually? Are we talking like a month or like a year? Been eyeballin' thoes po'boys :wink: (BTW thanks all that have recommended TVM) But don’t really think I have the patience to wait a year+

whiterabbit88 said:
I've seen a lot of posts here that say you have to wait a bit for a rifle from TVM, but they are totally worth the wait. So my question is: how long is the wait usually? Are we talking like a month or like a year? Been eyeballin' thoes po'boys :wink: (BTW thanks all that have recommended TVM) But don’t really think I have the patience to wait a year+

Without being impolite, how can anyone here answer your question? Why not contact TVM and ask them, they have the definitive answer, they build their rifles?

RDE

Yea, they might have just what you want in the white and can finish it quickly. Call or email 'em.

In answer to your question - I have no idea how long the wait for a TVM would be, give them a call and ask.

All I know is a year wait would be like next week for me. I once waited 4 years, 10 months and 20 days (but, who's counting?) for a rifle. The wait was worth every second.

I can tell you about my wait. They quoted me 4 to 6 months and I got my rifle 4 months to the day that I ordered it. However, like everyone else says, call them and see. I'm sure there's a lot of factors that goes in to how fast you'll get your rifle.

White Rabit:

I've ordered two rifles and a pistol over the years from TVM. My personal wait times have been around 10 months. This actually is pretty good and gives you some time to stash away the cash. That way the wife doesn't really know how much you've spent. It also gives you some time to make some changes to your gun if you want.

Anyhow, Toni will pretty much tell you to the day, and will call you if they can move it to an earlier date. They have never been late on any of my guns and early on two of them.

Rio

I ordered Long Tall Sally in Jan. of 2002 and got delivery in June of 2003 and that was typical then.

-Ray

I figured others have probably ordered from these guys before, seeing as how in many, many posts they are mentioned. Just was wondering how long it took before their orders arrived? That way I would have at least a broad idea of what I was looking at (time-wise) before I call/emailed.

Thanx all!!

OH!! jeez :redface: thought they were one in the same! :redface: LOL they are both in the same city?? (Corinth, Mississippi 38834) LOL I guess I was talking about Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading specifically....now I gotta go check out the other more closely.

Please excuse the ignorance.
Thanx!!!

Some have said lately that Matt & Toni are filling some orders quite fast. Like others here have said, you'll have to ask them.

I bought a Jaeger rifle,used, made by them and I can say they do good work.
It was nice not to have to wait too... :grin:

I ordered a leman 58 from Toni a month back,the wait then was 5 to 7 months ..That is on a completed rifle..I forget exactly how long an in the white or a kit was but it was significantly less time..Ray

I picked up my kit from Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading Monday. I think I ordered it about 6 or 7 weeks ago and they told me at least 2 months when I ordered it. I got it sooner than I expected, (glad I had it paid off), and it's better than I expected. Very nice piece of maple.

I called T.V. Manufacturing for an order last week. Jack Garner retired and sold to Randy and my order came from Randy's Muzzleloading Supplies but the address and phone # is the same as TV Manuf. Jack told me the new owner is going to stay in the same location but there may be a name change
since my shipment did not have TV Manufacturing as a return add. Thought info would be useful to forum members. Jack himself told me he retired in the summer.

I got my virginia rifle in 4 or 5 months and a rifle kit in 2 weeks, earlier this year.

Latest posts

Back