• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How my early doe season went

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Missouri had an early firearms doe season this past weekend and I had high hopes of putting some meat in the freezer with one of my smokepoles. Alas, it was not to be. Friday morning was a chilly 38 degrees in the holler and the ridge I was hunting on had lots of acorns. It also had lots of bucks. These Three Amigos entertained me for about 30 minutes while a big fat doe stood off about 100 yards eating acorns. She wouldn't come close while they were there and she finally left. The only other doe I saw was being chased by a buck Saturday morning.

Darren

I killed two, one Friday and one Sunday. However, I wasn't using my flinter just modern Fiream. I'll wait a bit for the bucks to get into rut before I go that route.

Back