• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How often and where do you shoot?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twice a week until the wife starts to fussin', then I cut it back to once a week for a bit!

My club shoots about everything the law lets us (then some)

Most of them roll their eyes when they see one of us at the BP loading zone, but they all like to watch!
:thumbsup:

Twice a month at our club range, about once a week at 25 yds on my back property...about every 3 months at the big range in town...the cartridge guys just hunch over their shooting benches more when I show up and make smoke..Hank

I generally shoot at the Sportsman's Gun and Reel Club in Amherst Township, Ohio or the Erie County Conservation League in Sandusky, Ohio.

These shoots consist of skeet, some sporting clays and a little trap, I'm not much of a rifle shooter, need to yell "PULL" before I can hit anything!!!! :rotf: During the non-hunting season, I shoot twice a week. Huntng season, well that's a different story. I'm either in the duck/goose blind or in the woods. Not much time for the ranges/clubs.

AJ/OH

PeterBjoern said:
My BP club has pretty good range facilities at a larger range complex which also has ranges and facilities for modern rifles and pistols.
Very nice looking range. And, except for all that green, that part of Denmark sure looks a lot like Tombstone.

That's a beauty, I got a place where I could shoot a real 100 yards, accordin' to my neighbors laser range finder, but walkin' the mile between the shootin' stand and the target butt, wears me out. :rotf:

although I shoot on saturday's just about year around, I only shoot my f/l's and cap guns in the summer and fall. Mostly because I don't have a place to clean my guns inside, and its too cold to mess with water and soap in the winter here.
so I shoot smokeless powder stuff the rest of the time.
And I shoot at the range only. I envy those of you who have your own ranges at home.

I shoot once a month at our club shoot and once or twice a week at my range.

DCP_0711.jpg
[/img]

I belong to the Columbus Muzzleloading Gun Club.
I try to go out there and shoot my flintlocks at least once or twice a week.
Jack

I try to get out once a month. I shoot at an indoor range (only place that doesn't have a membership) I don't know what it is but I always get put in between shooters. One side gets mad when I pull the trigger cause their target disapprear for awhile and the other is saying what the he!! was that. Got to love making smoke!

The local free trapper group I run with has mini rendezvous matches and camp-outs twice a month year-round I try to make. Being retired and a predator and varmint ADC hunter, I do that whenever not traveling and other nuisances don't get in the way.

Hey Billygoat!

I was born in Glendale,(old hospital); and lived in Moundsville.
I use to hunt with my Uncle and his friend. Even shot at a gun range which was nothing more than a gated lane open field with a mountain as a backdrop.
Huge bolder that protruded out of the hill side.
Think dues then were a buck.
I can not remember where it is located. Can picture the range but not the location.
That was the frist time I ever made smoke! Back oh around 1969-70.

Us kids use to play on the Grave Creek mound and some little ol woman would chase us off!
My parents first home and grandparents site is now a park.
I now shoot in Williamson ,NY at the range where I am past Pres & present director. Also shoot at a other clubs in NY.

bpb

Pic of WCSC after range re-build in 1998

AIRVIEW.JPG

I shoot as often as possible. These days it's not often enough. My wife and I are having a boy! Fathers out there know how much work I've got on my plate, so I havn't been out with a sharp object, let alone my guns, in ages. :(

My range is just a sand pit way up in the middle of nowhere. Just a big clearing with a hole in the middle. We shoot from the edge into the hole. Beyond the hole is a small mountain. This clearing and the mountain are on like a small peninsula with a river running around us. It's also where I shoot my cannons! A realy nice quiet and peacefull place to camp/fish or hunt all year round. I'll have to post picks one day.

I usually shoot on a corner of my neighbor's farm that's a conservation meadow. I try to get out every weekend before hunting season and maybe once a month or so the rest of the year.

I used to hike over to shoot on an adjacent farm that has been sold to developers putting in McMansions on 5 acre lots. It was an old hunting ground that was farmed by non-resident lesees. One day last spring I ran into the builder's "rent-a-cops". They asked me to leave, I reminded them of the 100' recreation easment on the property that the county required, and they reminded me I wasn't in it right then. So that discussion ended as a draw. I still go over to the easement to remind the folks there that moving to the country requires one to respect the local customs - not the other way around.

I might join a club if there was one close ( there ain't ), but as you all can see...I'm anti-social anyway !

Back