• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdah pistol arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone told me about a place in eastern Oregon (didn't get all the details, so I can't pinpoint the location, but I'll talk to him again next week) that's got so many rabbits you could walk up behind 'em and kick 'em in the butt. That sounds like fun, but I don't even know if a pistol would be legal for rabbits, haven't looked into it yet. It's just a possibility.

I've actually been searching for a snake gun for a while, considered a lot of them, most notably the Taurus Judge, but the test reports on it with snake shot have been pretty dismal. I was thinking a double 20-gauge muzzleloading pistol would be perfect, and then I heard Pedersoli was introducing this one. So I got one.

But most of the time it will just be for fun at the range.

Jumpshot said:
Application? You mean I'm supposed to need it for something? :confused: :grin:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My Dad used to hunt with a one-legged fellow that carried a pistol gripped, sawed off 20 ga. dbl-barrel. He could only use one hand, the other hand was busy with a crutch. :thumbsup:
I want one of these. I already showed the wife. She thought it was cool looking , too. :thumbsup:

Middlesex Village Trading has a flint double pistol. I have one coming. Last time I ask, about a month ago it was about 2 months till I get it. You can got their site to see them.

Ronnie

Thanks for posting those nice pics! :thumbsup:

I first saw and had the DP Howdah in my hands in Oktober 2006 by the way.
I was on holiday near the pedersoli company. So I drove there and knocked on the door.
Well, they showed me and my girl around the whole company - for more than one hour. And one of the highlights to me was that they showed me their new baby. You couldn´t even find an article in the press that Pedersoli would plan such a gun at that time. :shocked2:
So I felt a little bit honoured.
Imagine, two tourists knock on the door of a gun producing company, they got shown everything - even new models no one knew about so far! :thumbsup:
That´s what I call customer friendly! :hatsoff:

Enjoy your Howdah, looking forward to the first range report pics... :grin:

Thanks Jumpshot,I found out that Dixie was going to be the first state side supplier of the Howdah before it was ever announced. I emailed them and told them I was very interested in this gun. Also told them I was a member of this forum and that I thought the responce to this gun would be great. I asked them if they had any technical info and prices that I could share with the members of this forum.
They emailed me back and said they didn't know when the gun would be available, and that was it, nopics,no technical specs, or prices.
This where I caught alot of flack from some of the members because I thought there less than entusastic responce, plain stunk. :bull: I was very vocal about it and some jumped up and defened them. I feel this way about it, I don't owe anyone my business to you, you must earn it!
OK so don't know for sure what the price is going to be or delivery date to the day. I would have been shouting form the roof top what I had here. Take a look and here is all the specks. They would have gotten an inside line to a very respected BP forum. Instead they chose to ignore the subject. When I inquired about kits they told me there was none available, when I knew there was.
What ever happened to the customer is king! Sorry for ranting on your post, it still makes me mad the way Dixie acted about this.
They sure didn't lower the price by much on those kits either!

While driving home from work, in a major snowstorm, no less, I was thinking about your Howdah. Doesn't sound like I have any mental health issues, does it? :shocked2:

As it is a double barrel smoothbore with a pistol grip, are there any BATF issues one might have to worry about? I was talking with a friend about it who raised the issue.

Not at this point. They're legal. But in an earlier thread I brought this up. To sum it up, I spoke with David Beauchamp at Flintlocks Etc a few weeks ago. He told me when he was general manager at Navy Arms years ago, the ATF showed up one day and told him they could no longer sell smoothbore pistols because they considered them short-barrelled shotguns, although there was no legal precedent for this. He complied because he knew they would make his life hell if he didn't and it wasn't worth taking it to court just to be able to sell a pistol. So now that he's got his own business (Flintlocks Etc), he's decided to no longer carry the double 20-gauge version in anticipation of the same thing happening. He hasn't had any trouble with it yet, but he intends to avoid the possibility by no longer selling those pistols (the ones he did have are gone and he isn't going to order any more).

Although he said he will continue to carry the .50/.50 version and the .50/20-gauge version (he thinks they would have a harder time calling the .50/20 a 'shotgun'). But other dealers are selling them and they're legal.

By the way, I think you need to either get one for yourself or start seeing a therapist. :grin:

I'll go for the Howdah. Less expensive and a greater of chance of "recovery".

The chamber appears to be of a double-stepped design. I guess they wanted a real strong breech area with lots of metal there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't imagine how good it does my heart that you like these pistols. I'm humbled. It started as a small idea and a few emails.
The first drawings had a coiled snake on the right plate. I asked that they please put a warthog on it. I still think Pedersoli will do well to also make a Double flinter as well. I'm seeing Pierangelo Pedersoli next Saturday at IWA, Nurenburg. I'll brain storm with him a bit. I would appreciate a few suggestions though.

Cliff, you were right all the time when you posted initially that it might be a winner. :applause:

I emailed you a few months ago before I bought my first one. I had a few questions for you before making a purchase. But you didn't reply, I figured you were busy. So I didn't wait, I just bought them anyway. :grin:

I also posted my pictures on a couple of very active centerfire forums and got a lot of interest. Some people who have never tried blackpowder want to try it now. I gave them links to dealers selling them and many of the members are saying a Howdah is going to be their next purchase. As more people acquire them and word spreads, I think this pistol is going to be responsible for drawing a lot of people into traditional blackpowder as they see how 'cool' it is (that's part of the reason I'm trying to take neat pictures and spread them around; if you guys want to save my pictures and post them on other forums you frequent, feel free to do so).

I'm also giving them a link to this forum when they want to know where they should go for advice about muzzleloaders.

Latest posts

Back