• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAJones

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just retired in a small town in central west Idaho. Took 6 months to find anyone who shoots real muzzleloaders, & hooked up w/ a bunch of rendezvousers. Got the lead from the Muzzleloader page, & one of 'em recommended this site, so here I is.

Been shooting muzzleloaderss since the early 70's, but didn't know anything until someone introduced me to the Cascade Mountain Men. Found my calling. Spent some years in Texas after than, w/ a few small rendexvous but mostly shooting in a local club in San Antonio. Got invovled in reenacting 'cause folks said my elkskins & flintlocks would be great for reenactments of the Alamo battle. Ended up getting gear enough to portray anything from F&I to late Indian Wars. Howsomever, don't seem much in the local area for reenacting 'cept fur trade.

Got the handle "fegetful Jones" in Cheyenne as I have trouble remembering folks' names & faces. Bit embarassing, it is. Also tended to ferget details such as targets & stuff for local matches. Leaving my ball bag home? yet, done that too. Don't know if I'll run into any old friends out there, but in my life of constant moving, courtesy of Uncle Sam, I got used to making new ones.

Welcome to the sight! Im new to this forum too, ive been on here about a week now. I have found it verry useful , and there are alot of great people on here who have helped me out, and shared alot of info. I love this forum!! :redthumb:
I think its the best one ive ever seen! Hope to see you around on here .

Unionjack

Welcome Fergetful,

You'll find a good bunch of people here abouts. Jump right in there and post a lot.

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Fergetful Jones : A Big Welcome To The Camp ! !
Glad you found us. There's alot of folks
here to help you with your journey of
knowing more about muzzleloading and black powder.
Take care and again Welcome!! Mtn-Man2u :)

Mister Smith...er...Jones. welcome. you found the best magazine on the market in Buckskinner and now you found the best forum.... what a tracker!!!!!! :crackup: Glad you are with us

Fergetful Jones,
welcome to the forum glad to have you
with us. hope you will join in whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

Hey there, Fergetful -
Glad to have you here on the forum.
Since you're new, I'd invite you to check out the Age of Forum Users on the "General" area and add your age to our list.
See you around.

IM jaybe :thumbsup:

Thankee all for your friendly replies. As fer age, I'm a young 62, startin' a new life as a well compensated unemployed bum. Plan to build a shop so's I can set up my gun making bench & start about a dozen projects I've been delaying 'cause work always seemed to get in the way. Don't get on this here machine too often, spent too much time on 'em in my past life, so maybe every week or so I'll get on & say a few words.

Latest posts

Back