• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Alabama

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been reading through this forum for a few weeks now and figured I would sign up. I am a Civil War reenactor in Fowler's Alabama Battery. We have two 12-pounder Napoleons that really rock! Ahhh... a pound of Blackpowder compressed with a pound of flower.. but I digress. I bought a .62 flintlock and started live firing it, so here I am, hooked on BP weapons. I recently got an armisport '61 springfield and I am learning how to shoot it. Also a guy I work with gave me a euroarms '51 navy colt, I am trying to get into firing order now. Anyway one reason I joined the forum is to ask questions and learn more about shooting BP.

Bishop
Welcome to the forum! All the information you may need is here.
Again welcome on board
I am snake-eyes :)

Welcome ta tha camp Bishop. I am sure you won't have any trouble getting answers about anything dealing with black powder. Be sure to tell your friends about us. The more, the merryer Ah says.

As fer ma cookin, ah larned a long time ago ye don't have ta do it vary offen iffen ye piesen tha camp a little whan it are yur turn ta cook. Some how someone allways remembers an stans up an says "iffen it's his turn, I'll take it fer him."
Than thar are folks like ole Livar Etin Jonson who grumble a lot an than ask iffen thar are anythin left over fer seconds. ::

How-deee Bishop!

Yallah Hammer, Yallah Hammer, flicker, flicker, flicker.

Welcome to the finest Black Powder forum around. When you have time, tell us about your battery and its history when you have a chance in the Civil War Forum here.

Thanks!

Gary

I have been reading through this forum for a few weeks now and figured I would sign up. I am a Civil War reenactor in Fowler's Alabama Battery. We have two 12-pounder Napoleons that really rock! Ahhh...

Welcome Bishop:

As moderator of the Civil War section I must say, please post about your Alabama Battery, it sounds like those two 12-pounder Napoleons are a BLAST (OK, bad pun) to shoot...

Are you assigned to one of the Napoleons, if so, what position are you at?

Bad pun? I use it all the time. :: I will post info on fowlers in the CW section. I have worked all positions on the cannon (cannon kama-sutra). I have been promoted to a corporal so I am doing more gunning lately. My favorite postions are #1 #3 and powder monkey. We are always recruiting, so anybody in my area please visit our web site Fowler's Alabama Battery if you are interested. Ok nuff here, I will post more in the CW section.

Back