• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy, From The Mighty 13th

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbmonster

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy All

I am new to the forum, and forgot to introduce myself. My name is Shelby and I am from the great state of Georgia where we can still hunt with anything short of a Panzer or Dynamite. I am getting back into ML pretty good and hope to receive and hopefully give any help, support, advice, etc. that I can. Hope everyone out there in the rest of the Union is holding fast, and keepin' her shipshape. Trust in the Lord, but keep yeer powder dry.

Welcome from Albany, GA :grin:

Hunting with Panzers? I'm not 100% sure that is actually forbidden ;)

Welcome to the forum. Last I checked the Army/Navy surplus store was out of Panzers. So, I'll have to use my flintlock. Probably won't get as many deer but what the heck.

Hahaaa!

Yeah, the Panzer might have been an exaggeration, but then again, maybe not. Glad there are some other GA folks that haven't forgot where they came from. I am up here southwest of Atlanta in South Fulton county which is the polar opposite of the northern half of the county. I live in the middle of a twelve hundred acre plot of fields and woods, and ponds and such.

Anyway, very happy to know there are others out there into actual traditional ML. I reckon if you can't use a canterfire in your state, modern inlines are awesome, but if you can and you still want to get into ml, go traditional.

Welcome from Wisconsin. I'm glad to see you are taking the one true way for hunting!! :thumbsup: We have been thru your State a few times on our way to the Alafia rendy in Florida; also attended a SouthEastern rendy in Ga. a few years ago.

Greatimgs form Pa. Carbmonster.

I may be mistaken, but as I recolect, wasn't Georgia the fourth state to enter the Union.
Never the less I'm not too the sure about use of the panzer in your area, but isn't dynamite still legal for fishin'. :rotf: :hatsoff:

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Thanks all for the warm welcome. The answer is yes, Georgia was the fourth state to enter the union, but I was thinking farther back. We were the last and 13th colony, and it is also a reference to the Roman 13th Legion. We were however the last state to reenter the Union as a self-governing state in 1870(?) if I'm not mistaken. Never Surrender, Never say die... G;ad to be here on the MLF.

Howdy mate, that 1200 acres sounds sweet.Wouldnt be to hard to slip back a century when yur totin that smokepole brother..

Latest posts

Back