• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawdog

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I attempted registration on this Forum about a year ago but somehow never got access...probably a cockpit problem by me....Now a friend of mind has recommended this site to me and I visit again and find I am already registered!

I have been shooting muzzleloaders informally and hunting with muzzleloaders since 1981 when I built a CVA Mountain Rifle in .50 perc.

Since then I have acquired a few more MLs mainly in flint but not exclusively so. I have never gotten into period dress though I am interested. Mainly now I use my MLs for hunting season here in TEXAS.

I have a John Parker .58 Flintlock PRB rifle I had made about 4 yrs ago, and a Lee Guydos made .50 Flintlock PRB rifle, both of which have taken more than a few whitetail deer.

YHS,
rogerw

Roger, glad you checked back and found yourself registered. I would be interested in seeing some pictures of those rifles, please. Oh, and a big welcome to you! Emery

Howdy back to ya Roger, & welcome belatedly to the forum! So drag up a stump and get to it, daylights burnin! :yakyak: :hatsoff:

Davy

Glad you found your way back. Where abouts do you hunt? Do mine in West Texas (Kinney County) but live way down in far South Texas. :hatsoff:

MazoKid, others,

thanks for askin!

Here is me last year with the .58cal:

CIMG2100.jpg

and here is me a few years back with the .50cal:

CIMG1159.jpg

This last one was the 81 lasered-yard shot that I have previously described as either a 90-pace (true) or a 90-yard (false) shot. Although the 178gr .490 is not traveling all that fast at that point, it passed thru and IMHO that is ideal (see my post in the .54 RB Penetration thread). He ran about 30yds in a semicircle and expired about 15yds from where he was hit.

YHS,
rogerw

Howdy Parson,

I have a property in San SAba County. Only improvement on the place is a travel trailer I camp out of.

I forgot to add in my reply to MazoK that I was so excited in the first pic I had my hat on backwards....normally this is a sign of old age (I resemble that remark...!) but I was both in the picture and the photographer....was using the timer and moving around and trying to compose the shot before the timer expired....numerous iterations and finally got a nice pic....then later noticed the hat....sigh!

YHS,
rogerw

:rotf: Don't feel bad -- I wouldn't have noticed it was on backward if you hadn't pointed it out.

rawdog,
Welcome to the MLF. Now that know you are
here and you know where here is at,we exspect
to see you around here often:hmm::hmm:
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Glad to get Roger on here. Lots of experience, knowledge and analytical ability.

Parson, interesting that you hunt in Kinney Co as just returned from a hunt there between Brackettville and Del Rio.

TC

Latest posts

Back