• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunter killed by elk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at 66 you guy's are just kids still wet behind the ears! just wait till you enter the realm of the 76 ++year old's ? MOTHER MATURE has just about taken care of most things, eyes, joints, limbs, arthritis, internal organs, love life, and the list still goes on. but we OLD BUGGERS can still make SMOKE!!

Toot there are 3 stages we pass through GEEZER, CODGER AND COOT I am now starting the geezer stage cannot hear thanks to uncle sam my knees are starting to go gotta wear glasses to read but the rest right now is a working kinda O.K.

Believe Clint Eastwood said it best, "Man's gotta know his limitations."

I have had 5 friends who all died at their deer lease from a heart attack. And they wondered why I did not hunt with them!

There was a tv show on one of the learning channels. It covered game wardens in Maine. One of the shows had the search for a hunter that hadn’t come home. Late in the night they secured the search to restart the next day.
The next day they restarted and found him, passed over under a tree.
My thought was ‘how lucky’

Toot there are 3 stages we pass through GEEZER, CODGER AND COOT I am now starting the geezer stage cannot hear thanks to uncle sam my knees are starting to go gotta wear glasses to read but the rest right now is a working kinda O.K.
I rely like that scenario. I am even past the COOT STAGE!! I don't know what you call it? maby living on borrowed time??

I can kill any game animal on the planet except elephant or cape buffalo with this, common sense tells me to stick to deer, no dangerous game.
double gate plot 3.JPG

😊
Used to carry a pistol if I was hunting left it off years ago.
Now if I was after grizzel bar I might want a mountain Howitzer behind me just in case. I give the game time to die and reload my gun before I go looking for the game.

Back