• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunter Orange Voyageur Cap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All governed by local regulations generally at a state level.

It would acceptable in Colorado. Would also be acceptable in hot pink. :)

Can you use a hunter orange knitted cap in stead of a vest or hat for reenacting hunting?

It depends on the state regulations for "hats". The style isn't different as far as head covering from a standard knit (round) hat, so to preserve your look sure you could. Some states require a "solid" orange hat, so you're OK then too. Some states require a hat and a vest, so you'll need a vest too in those conditions. Finally some states require just a vest...well brother, wear an orange hat too, as normally a walking human first becomes visible at the head at a distance. ;)

The other thing is you may wish to carry a cheap, polyester, knit orange hat along for the hunt. Whether in a ground blind like me, or in a tree stand, place that extra hat opposite of where you're located...in other words the side normally where other hunters can't see you because brush or the tree trunk obscures you from sight. Helps reduce the chance that somebody will launch a projectile from behind you, over either shoulder, or worse. I also use that hat to mark where I was when I shot, when I go to collect the deer. Having a reference point which I can look backwards and see, often really helps you locate the spot to begin any tracking when needed.

LD

In Colorado the requirement is 500 sq inches of blaze orange or pink "some of which must be worn upon the head".

So, I select a hat suitable for the weather and tie a strip of blaze orange material around as a hat band.

I like those voyageur knit hats but also like a sun visor of some kind.

In Colorado the requirement is 500 sq inches of blaze orange or pink "some of which must be worn upon the head".

So, I select a hat suitable for the weather and tie a strip of blaze orange material around as a hat band.

I like those voyageur knit hats but also like a sun visor of some kind.

Close, In Colorado the requirement is 500 sq inches of Solid daylight fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink on an outer garment above the waist. A Florescent Orange or pink hat or head covering, visible from all directions is also required.

You had better hunt flat country with an orange "hat band" because I bet "all directions" includes above and below. If Mr, DOW is above you on the ridge and can't see your fluorescent. . . . I think the fine is $500

Yup, that is different from the old reg. I'll continue with the hatband because it is visible from all directions.

Back