• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunters belt pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was asked to build a belt pouch to accompany a clients leather haversack. He gave some good suggestions, including incorporating a pocket on the belt loop. I used pigskin and it came out sturdy but pliable.

Attachments

• IMG_2406.jpeg
    IMG_2406.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Cool. Hunting mostly open country and having to do a lot of crawling I've thought about a belt pouch since they're easier to slide behind you but then the powder horn would still be an issue if you wanted to hunt more traditionally. Otherwise a modern style belt pouch and speed loaders would be in order.

The Lemuel Lyman belt pouch is a great period correct belt pouch that works for carrying the needed items for a day's hunt. Lots of information available here on the Forum to be perused following a search for "Lemuel Lyman belt pouch".
Like this one?

Attachments

• IMG_1964.jpeg
    IMG_1964.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1966.jpeg
    IMG_1966.jpeg
    901.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1965.jpeg
    IMG_1965.jpeg
    851.4 KB · Views: 0
No one needs to know what "special" item or items you have in that pouch. But one can bet it just might be your go-to stuff. Maybe even that candy bar.

The Lemuel Lyman belt pouch is a great period correct belt pouch that works for carrying the needed items for a day's hunt. Lots of information available here on the Forum to be perused following a search for "Lemuel Lyman belt pouch".
IMG_8142.jpeg
I’ve made a few of them, and that’s what I typically carry when I’m hunting anymore.
Jay

It doesn't look like a big pouch. What are the dimensions?
About 5”x7”. The original was divided inside with different sized shot being separated. I generally carry round ball, wads, and patches in the front section and buckshot in the back. I keep birdshot in a separate bag in my pocket.
IMG_1466.jpeg

Jay

It doesn't look like a big pouch. What are the dimensions?

4”x4”

The goal was to keep a primer trickler and a sleeve for a short starter out of my regular pouch.

Loflyr55 makes nice things and has accommodated some pickiness for n my part. :)

Back