• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting area at a forestery!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

After hunting the last year in the mountains in a hunting community I cancelled this possibiltiy because the "dear farmers" of the community wanted too much money.
My new possibility now is in a forestery of the munich community about 6 km away from me. It is a nice 1000 ha area where I'm allowed to hunt at 350ha. There is many beech wood and many open areas within, nearly ideal for roedeer. I'm allowed to hunt within the borders of law, so ML is legal. Furthermore I can shoot what I want within the hunting season, no number regulation. And the best thing is it will cost nothing, only personel engagement.

I'm very happy and didn't expect that this is possible in Germany. :grin:

Regards

Kirrmeister

It sounds as if you fell upon some wonderful luck. Please post some pictures of the scenery. I have always been interested in different environments.

Excellent! It's always exciting to learn and hunt a new area. I wish you the best success in your new area.

I hope you do well in your new forest. It takes several of those roedeer to feed your family each year :haha: :) .
Ronnie

I am happy to hear that you found a new location to hunt. I hope that as the neighbors meet you, and learn that you are hunting with BP guns, they will extend hunting privileges to you on their lands, too.

Waidmanns Heil to you, Kirrmeister. You sound like quite a jeager. Keep us posted with your hunts with pictures included. Especially when you hunt keiler.

kirrmeister,
I am a bit confused,are you talking about
public hunting grounds??? Where anyone with the proper licence can hunt? Here in the US there
are millions of acers that the public can hunt,
with the proper papers.Other public areas are
completely off limits to hunters, but open to the public. Just trying to learn how it works in
other areas of the world.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Hi snake-eyes!

In Germany it is a bit different. We have private land where the land owners hunt themselves and we have socalled hunting communities. There the properties of several land owners, in most cases farmers who have not enough own ground to hunt at (in Germany min. 82 ha), are united. These areas are leased to hunting licence owners. Only theses leasers are allowed to hunt there. The third possibility is this with the forestery properties. There the forest gouvernment offers hunting possibilities. I have such a possibility now.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Latest posts

Back