• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting in period clothing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'all are right, it's not the color but the noise every time I move that gets my attention. And fact is I doubt the deer could hear it but... I don't even know why I started I just feel funny in nylon and wool. :idunno:

It costs you nothing to wear a blaze-orange mesh vest over your clothes at all times during hunting season. Even with a vest, I had a guy scope me with his rifle one season to see what I was even though I was in open country not too far from the road.

I have often said that it isn't the 4-legged creatures I worry about when in the woods...

For years I've hunted only on private land. During the ML season I'll wear orange to my stand but will often just hang it up beside me. I always wear some orange during rifle season.

I don't get into a deer stand. I can't fall out then. :grin:

I wear an orange shoulder cape added to my brown hunting shirt, and an orange knitted, voyagers hat when hunting deer in public areas, otherwise I try to go authentic on private land where I'm only allowed to be the hunter.

LD

Back