• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting outfit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you do to minimize the fumbling and bumbling when loading or reloading from a bag and horn in the field?

First off, Trench gave you an excellent suggestion as to shooting out of the bag on range visits and in matches. There is nothing like a woods walk to challenge your system. :haha:

I commonly shoot three calibers and have a bag for each but only one powder horn. Therefore, the horn and bag are on separate straps. The horn hangs just above the flap of the bag so as to make it easy to get into the bag.

I carry the measure (separate measure for each caliber) around my neck on a leather lace. That same lace also holds a leather capper. When the weather is not good, the lace is long enough to go into a breast pocket of my shirt which is usually under a coat.

Everything else goes into the bag including the short starter.

Back