• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting with Longrifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
After actual hands on use of a couple of their 62" musket cases for a while now, they are definitely excellent quality, very well sized, work perfectly, and very affordably priced.

I was worried at the relatively low price that they would have thin flimsy padding but no...its thick, firm, strong stuff...with very strong Cordura outer shells and heavy duty zippers.

I keep one in the back of the Trailblazer as a convenient padded 'carrier' to lay the Virginia in when going to & from the range or hunting locations.
I keep one in the house that I use to permanently store the Virginia after it's been thoroughly cleaned & lubed.

http://www.uniquecases.com/section.php?xSec=7&jssCart=1f85a409c1a42717749f34282ccbd8a7

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thopught about the idea of having two cases for one gun. Once a gun is cleaned up for storage it might not be a good idea to put it into a case with dirt and fouling in it. Not sure if that was your intent but seems like a good idea nevertheless.

marmotslayer said:
I never thopught about the idea of having two cases for one gun. Once a gun is cleaned up for storage it might not be a good idea to put it into a case with dirt and fouling in it. Not sure if that was your intent but seems like a good idea nevertheless.
Exactly...I want it well protected in a "car case" during transport but don't want the risk of the permanent storage case having a hint of fouling in it.

In essence taking the clean rifle out of the "house case" is the same principle as taking it out of a gun rack to go hunting...I just don't happen to have a gun rack in the house big enough for the Virginia

Back