• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting with traditional clothing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of one of my brothers and me. We always hunt like this. Close as we can. Depending on the weather, wet or dry is the foot gear we wear. Dry is brain tan deer moc's. Wet calls for grain on buffalo.
rustysnewpants001.jpg

Micanopy,

Those are my findings exactly. In wet weather ive got a pair of double-soled buffalo mocs (grain on) that keep my feet dry even after walking in snow all day. They are sideseam mocs but act like shoe-pacs. my braintan centerseams, even in dry weather, always seem to get wet. my two cents. :v

Greenmtnboy said:
david50 said:
always dress traditional when i'm hunting,spring through fall i usually wear linen shirts,wool for winter.as for my feet i wear a pair of double soled soulier's de boeuf that i made a pair of liners for from a piece of old wool blanket. even if they get wet they still stay fairly warm but i'm sure the winters here in Missouri aint near what they are in Alaska.

003.jpg

011.jpg

I would give a left nutt for a forest full of tree rats, sweet pic

Greenmtnboy,i'd give a right one to shoot me an elk. i cant even imagine stalkin' one of those monsters through the woods.

[/quote]
Greenmtnboy,i'd give a right one to shoot me an elk. i cant even imagine stalkin' one of those monsters through the woods.[/quote]

It will change you forever.
:thumbsup:

Back