• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I Finally Scored with a Decent Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patocazador

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I managed to find and shoot a pretty good buck with my .50 cal. muzzleloader. The ball didn't exit so it took awhile to find it. The buzzards had already plucked out his eyes.

He is a 7 point and has 20 3/4" main beams and a 14 3/4" inside spread.

I only was using a light charge (60 grs.) because my doctors told me not to hunt or shoot a gun until late December. :yakyak: I had open-heart surgery in August. My doctors don't hunt so they don't understand that I can't just sit at home during hunting season.

He was looking straight at me at ~90 yards and I aimed for his neck. It hit about 4" to the side between the neck and crease of the shoulder. It went through one lung and lodged somewhere in the guts.

How's your sternum feeling now? After watching Dad go through that procedure I strongly expect someone else drug that fine animal to the house for you.
Congratulations!

Back