• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I gave in to

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my better judgement and bought the single action Starr Army and also gave in to the temptation of the Ami San Paolo 1860 Army.
Both are pistols that I’ve always hankered for, particularly the Starr, which are rare in Australia.
The photos are the vendors’; still waiting on the legal paperwork 😡😡😡.
IMG_6233.jpeg
IMG_6211.jpeg
IMG_6179.jpeg
He got the model wrong !!

More pics when they are in my hot hands.

Didn’t make it for Saturday and will have to be patient for a bit longer, seems that all percussion revolvers now have to have some kind of registration and the Starr is being processed under the Amnesty provisions.
However I did get to meet it at my club armourer’s this afternoon.
I’m more than happy with it; internal condition is ‘as new’, and no dings, rust or corrosion, has been dry fired but no real damage to the nipples.
IMG_6266.jpeg

Last edited:
The ‘Ami San Poalo’ is a slightly different story but still a good one.
It’s with the Club Armourer as well, but it’s actually a Pedersoli in stainless steel, the vendor made a mistake in the advertising and corrected it in all but the one where I saw it.
Still I’m more than pleased as the gun is really as new, even to the safety pins.
IMG_6267.jpeg

Last edited:
Now in my hot little hands and I’ve had a play with it.
It’s in as new condition except that it’s been dry fiired and the nipples are marked accordingly.
It locks up tight and the trigger pull is a dream although the trigger is a bit far forward at full cock.
The arbour is about 20 thou short.
IMG_6644.jpeg
IMG_6645.jpeg

Last edited:
One thing I did find out is that it really is an Armi San Paolo, somehow Pedersoli got into the game.
I’ve further found that, according to internet chatter, that ASP made their last stainless 1860s in 1987.
The pistol shows no sign of having been fired apart from the dry firing above.
Trying to arrange a midweek day at the range, so more anon.

Last edited:
Back