• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I give up!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes/Tex said:
Britsmoothy said:
Consider the lenses! Under 30yds.
Bismuth #5,leading for heads. Gun flicked well forward. You here sprocket running in. Expecting one to come down!
I am puzzled, never do this bad! :(

B.
Oh no...now I've got you calling her Sproket! :shocked2: :haha:

It's tough to tell from the camera angle but I'd toss out an experience I had at first with geese. Long history of hunting dove and quail which always seemed to go well. Started trying for geese and it became a long, dry spell. Finally figured out the body size and speed of geese was optically throwing off my lead. They're traveling faster than they appear and if you've hunted a lot of smaller sized birds, your mind computes lead visually and misjudges the correct. Finally had luck when I increased the lead over what "looked right". Just a thought from a frustrating past! :wink:
Absolutely. Been employing the same for years with nitro! Boring nitro!
I honestly threw the gun forward more. I can not see as Iwas behind but am very cconscious Imay be wrong, often am so my wife informs me!

B :(

Brit, I think the consensus is that you are shooting behind the birds, and I agree. The size and speed of geese is deceiving. I had a hard time getting it through my hard head that I also was shooting behind. Try shooting with enough lead that you are sure you will miss in front and I think you will find that they begin to fall. They are much faster than they look. Keep yer powder dry........Robin :stir:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you are all correct and thanks.
There is another twist!
Testing revealed bad patterns loaded any how!
Unless I used the largest cards in my bag!
Yes, I had some stamped from to small a punch I made mixed in the bag.
The bore is .629". I thought it was loading easy, it will with .620" cards!
Looked much better with .650" cards.
There may be an element of muppetry on my part in this episode! :doh:

B.

Latest posts

Back