• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have an antelope tag!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
The last time I drew for a muzzleloader pronghorn was in 1993. I have been looking forward to ths for a very long time. Ron

Speed Goats with a muzzle loader!
Cool and good for you Ron!

Success to you and may your sights be true!

What a cool deal!

They're amazing critters and I can't get enough time with them. I always felt a little guilty whacking them long range with CF rifles, so muzzleloading just sounds like a whole lot more tuned in to me.

Keep us posted on your hunt!

The area I drew in is a wilderness area of sorts. It is accessable with a motorized vehicle but their are boundries where I can't go so from there it will be on foot. I don't like areas where guys chase down the pronghorns with trucks, ATV's, and Motorcycles.
This area was also home to one of the largest wildfires in north america. The lack of brush, and low antelope population will make this a very tough hunt. If this area doesn't pan out I can try another area that is better access and populations.
I am excited about it in every way. Now I have to make up my mind. Do I use a 32" long 45 with a 1-18 twist, or my old standby 50 with the fast twist and paper patched 460 gr bullets.
Looks like I will be burnin some powder this summer. Ron

Idaho Ron said:
The area I drew in is a wilderness area of sorts. It is accessable with a motorized vehicle but their are boundries where I can't go so from there it will be on foot. I don't like areas where guys chase down the pronghorns with trucks, ATV's, and Motorcycles.
This area was also home to one of the largest wildfires in north america. The lack of brush, and low antelope population will make this a very tough hunt. If this area doesn't pan out I can try another area that is better access and populations.
I am excited about it in every way. Now I have to make up my mind. Do I use a 32" long 45 with a 1-18 twist, or my old standby 50 with the fast twist and paper patched 460 gr bullets.
Looks like I will be burnin some powder this summer. Ron

I am assumeing that you are looking for the greatest "long range" accuracy... Be interesting to see your results/decission between the two guns.

I am not sure yet which one I will use. I am going to have to get busy on that. Ron

Congratulations on the draw. It takes for ever to get drawn here in Arizona as well. Good luck and I'm hoping for a great story.

Mike

I applying for a tag this year as well, in SD. One buck & 2 does. We always get tags.

Anyone ever Antelope with a .32? I'm kicking that idea around.

WindLaker

Back