• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I just bought a used TC Fire Storm (camo and ss) and I am having trouble finding parts. The previou

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db3

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just bought a used TC Fire Storm (camo and ss) and I am having trouble finding parts. The previous owner had a peep sigh installed and removed the fiber optic. 1. I need to replace the rear fiber optic sight. 2. I would like to replace the tang because it has 2 non factory holes in it from the peep. I know I could just plug the holes with screws but I think that would look bad. I emailed TC a couple days ago but have not heard back. Thanks for any help DB3

db3 said:
I just bought a used TC Fire Storm (camo and ss) and I am having trouble finding parts. The previous owner had a peep sigh installed and removed the fiber optic. 1. I need to replace the rear fiber optic sight. 2. I would like to replace the tang because it has 2 non factory holes in it from the peep. I know I could just plug the holes with screws but I think that would look bad. I emailed TC a couple days ago but have not heard back. Thanks for any help DB3

As unbelievable as it seems, T/C doesn't answer Emails...suggest you call T/C customer service on the phone and place the order

I missed out on the sight on sunday. I never win those auctions :(

Just received a tang from TC a couple of days ago, cost was $12. The screw to fill that hole is $.96 and IMHO you don't even notice it. Having said that if that hole was not put in there by them it would void the warranty on the rifle. I needed a tang drilled and tapped for a TC peep, I figured it would be worth the investment ($47) to maintain the warranty.

I just looked at the tang and the holes from the peep do not go into the stock, only the tang so I think my warranty should be good. So I guess I can just call and order the tang. Did I understand right 12$ for the tang?

If you're going to order a tang, you need to specify which type you have.
One of the old styles was held on with two wood screws.
In more recent years a newer style tang has a 1/4" bolt that goes down through the front hole to the trigger guard...as a result the front hole of the tang is drilled out larger than the wood screw.
Be sure to tell them which type tang you have...ie: the front takes a screw or a bolt

Thanks guys for all this info!! Man if I didnt post I would have been waiting for a reply from TC. I checked I have the old tang.

you can go to gunsmith and get screws that set right level with top of tang.

it does look nice, no bulging screws,screws are flat on top not rounded.

i dont like t/c peep back on the tang.

i bought a RMC v-peep and mounted it right in front of frizzen.

it looks better there than down on tang.i drilled just 1 hole.

only problem with the RMC is you cant get the removalable insert for peep.

it works fine for me way it is.

it does get a little smokey in that location but i just clean it off with compressed air when i get home after shooting at range.

my 3 hawkins were bought around 1969 area.

1 had hole drilled from factory for a peep sight, other 2 did not.

bill,i e-mailed thompson last week about the vent locations on t/c hawkins.

GAIL LYNCH e-mailed me the next day.that was quick. :hatsoff:

then she called me the following day and stated the hawkins gunsmith would call me at home on tuesday 17th ,st patricks day to discuss the vent location question. :hatsoff:

boy, i feel like king,thats great customer service. :thumbsup:

will update what he says on vent question.

Another option is to just refinish the tang. Fill the holes with screws (with loc-tite) and then file the heads off flush. Sand and re-blue. You won't even know they are there.

HD

That'll be interesting...as I menetion before, as a result of coverting several caplock stocks to Flint, my vent holes are all over the place, mostly slightly aft of center and if I can tell any difference at all, its that the ones slightly aft of center seem faster...no science, just seems like it

here is what happened today.

gunsmith by name JACK called me from t/c.

he said OLD STYLE hawkins did have the vent LOW and off center on some guns.

he said NEW ones are on center and HIGHER.

he said hunters said they could not get the vent out unless they took barrel out or removed the lock.

they said they were also getting missfires.

so, t/c raised it.

NOW SAME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE VENTS ARE TOO HIGH AND NOT GOING OFF. :surrender:

he liked the vent where it was only he agreed,you could not take vent out OLD WAY.

he said, like you, that the vent location means nothing on it going off as long as it is not covered.

so, through this i guess he is saying,YES T/C VENTS WERE NOT ON CENTER BUT CORRECTED NOW AND NOW HAVING NEW PROBLEMS OF BEING TO HIGH MAYBE.

he feels if something is working, dont change it.

you know, at times he is right.

he also said there is no correction for the off center vent but i bet if you send in barrel,they will correct it with one on center,he did not say that, just me but DO YOU WANT THE HIGHER VENT HOLE THAT MAY CAUSE ANOTHER PROBLEM, MAYBE?

ALSO, i got to talk to GAIL LYNCH.

she said to ask for her on your e-mails and SHE WILL GET BACK TOO YOU.

i believe that too. :thumbsup:

called TC customer service today. 1st they told me that fire storms only came in blued. After I assured her that they do come in stainless she found the tang and it is on the way 26$. I did run into problems with the rear sight. THEY DISCONTINUED IT!!!! Great. I think I will be able to find one with the part # she gave me. I am sure someone has one laying around at least I hope!!!

Back