• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I missed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Spot,

Paul was addressing tracking to the German fellow (Baikal) who mentioned using dogs, not the thread starter. I took it as a general informational comment or suggestion rather than a putdown on anyone anyway. Strikes me that your the one who cannot read and thinks too highly of himself.

Paul, I appreciated your insights for what its worth. Same to you Baikal/Kirrmeister, The dog tracking information was also of interest.

Hi there triple k,

It doesn't surprise me that you would grab an opportunity to attack me in another forum topic from where we have met before. :haha:

Since you seem to have have missed it, my position is that Paul assumed because the OP said he had missed a mule deer he hadn't bothered to track it, and further he must not know anything about tracking. Now that you know, I don't really care if you disagree with that.

One of the incorrect things Paul said to me in his PT was that the OP was talking about using dogs to track a wounded animal. The OP never said anything of the sort. I guess you missed that. Something else you may have missed was that he was insulting people off-line. That doesn't sit well with me, call it what you want I call it integrity.

By the way, when you jumped on me before about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, you never explained how your Constitutional rights were violated because you had to serve ALL of the people who paid the taxes that financed the roads, utilities, and other infrastructure that made your lunch counter possible. You wanted to refuse to serve black people, did you not?

:hatsoff:
Spot

Hey guys, we all get :eek:ff every once in a while but this one is ridiculous.

How about y'all shake hands and go back to your corners?

:v

HD

Spot said:
Hi there triple k, Spot

Cute

Spot said:
It doesn't surprise me that you would grab an opportunity to attack me in another forum topic from where we have met before. :haha: Spot

Just pointing out that everyone but you was just discussing a real world on topic issue in a friendly manner and that you seem to be the only one making unfounded personal attacks. You so much as admit that your reasons for the attack on Paul were that you do not like his style of posting.

Spot said:
Since you seem to have have missed it, my position is that Paul assumed because the OP said he had missed a mule deer he hadn't bothered to track it, and further he must not know anything about tracking. Now that you know, I don't really care if you disagree with that. Spot

If you go back and look at Pauls' post, His response is to Baikal after Baikal talks of using dogs. Paul did not respond to 1eyedmountainmen directly in that first post and does not make any conclusions about anyone's tracking ability or ethics.

Spot said:
One of the incorrect things Paul said to me in his PT was that the OP was talking about using dogs to track a wounded animal. The OP never said anything of the sort. I guess you missed that. Something else you may have missed was that he was insulting people off-line. That doesn't sit well with me, call it what you want I call it integrity.Spot

No I didn't miss it. I assume Paul thought that you were aware that his post was directed at Baikal and not 1eyedmountainmen. I think you own Paul an apology

Spot said:
By the way, when you jumped on me before about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, you never explained how your Constitutional rights were violated because you had to serve ALL of the people who paid the taxes that financed the roads, utilities, and other infrastructure that made your lunch counter possible. You wanted to refuse to serve black people, did you not? Spot

Well this is a different sub-forum and topic isn't it. You know full well I responded that evening and the whole thread was deleted. Since you missed it, Private property does not become Public property simply because it is a business and "fronts" a public road or other public infrastucture. If that were true, this forum on the Internet that was funded by the DOD as a defense project 20 years ago would be public property and Claude would not be able to enforce his own standards of speech and behavior now would he? You are also well aware that I was using the Lunch counter and the racial issue since they were so central to the times and issue of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, not because I owned a lunch counter or dislike black people, Ie; it was an academic discussion. damn troll!

"Just pointing out that everyone but you was just discussing a real world on topic issue in a friendly manner and that you seem to be the only one making unfounded personal attacks."

From Spot:
Actually, I was addressing the PT Paul made to me, which was in response to my post that he was insulting the OP. His PT stated that he was responding to "what he said" i.e., the OP. The misunderstanding is yours.

"If you go back and look at Pauls' post, His resposne is to Baikal after Baikal talks of using dogs. Paul did not respond to 1eyedmountainmen directly in that first post and does not make any conclusions about anyone's tracking ability or ethics."

From Spot:
He did in the PT, which of course is what I was responding to. Try and keep up, guy. :haha:

"I think you own Paul an apology..."
From Spot:
:haha: I think you owe me one. Or six.

From Spot, previous post:
By the way, when you jumped on me before about the Civil Rights Act of 1964, you never explained how your Constitutional rights were violated because you had to serve ALL of the people who paid the taxes that financed the roads, utilities, and other infrastructure that made your lunch counter possible. You wanted to refuse to serve black people, did you not?

"Private property does not become Public property simply because it is a business and "fronts" a public road or other public infrastucture. If that were true, this forum on the Internet that was funded by the DOD as a defense project 20 years ago would be public property and Claude would not be able to enforce his own standards of speech and behavior now would he?"

From Spot:
Believe it or not, I do have a molecule or two of respect for you. :hatsoff: But I think you know better than that. Your argument (which IS off-topic, applies ONLY to you and me, and SHOULD be taken off-line) is emotional. Don't know that I care to waste a lot of time with an off-line discussion with you, but am willing to try if you can be logical rather than emotional.

Spot

Go back and look. You attacked Paul after his first post. The PM Paul sent you was after you attacked him. What is clear is that you don't know how to admit when you are wrong and will run a good thread into a ditch rather than have someone correct you.

I think you all owe 1eyedmountainmen an apology for taking his thread and turning it into a big pissin' match.

:v

HD

I for one will forward a sincere apology, if appropriate, to One-eyed Mountain Man. I've been where you are as stated in your original post, and probably will be again.

For whatever part I have had in highjacking your thread, I sincerely apologize.

To any others who lack the capacity to follow a simple thread, eat sh*t. :rotf:

Seriously, contact me off-line and we can continue :rotf: any INTELLIGENT discussion you may care to pursue.

:blah: :v
Spot

Well if you had been attentive to your moderator duties you would have shut down the personal attacks in this thread when they started. You are about as effective as a WWF "referee". The initial post was merely someone letting off steam about a typical hunting situation. The thread evolved into an interesting and perhaps valuable discussion about the merits and drawbacks of human and dog tracking techniques. I don't think the initial poster took any offense to that. YOU let it get off topic by letting the personal attack take place and by letting that get out of hand. You could have done that off line too at any point and kept the thread itself from getting polluted. Anyway, Reasonable men do not apologise for telling the truth or acting in what they percieve to be a correct and honorable fashion. So I will leave it at that.

No need to insult the moderator, they work too hard for that.

This is all a hobby and all in fun anyway. To me, anyhow. :haha:

I do enjoy intelligent conversation, and don't want hard feelings with anybody.

I also welcome intelligent debate with anyone whose views differ from my own and welcome (invite) anyone to contact me off-line to discuss any issue. I do not wish to run people down behind their backs, however.

To anyone I may have offended, I sincerely apologize - unless you attacked me first. :haha:

I ain't interested in a Urinary Olympiad. Intelligent discussion - yes.

Spot

So from my side I have no problem with the postings, but I agree totally with Spot. When I was outside for hunting and shot at a deer and I'm not sure if I have missed it totally or even wounded a well educated and trained hunting dog is the best thing to check the case out. Here in Germany using hunting dogs for this work is a common practice and "has to be done by law". And our german dogs are not only trained for searching a deers smell over the ground. They are trained to smell the blood, even if it is only one drop.

Regards

Kirrmeister

XXX said:
Well if you had been attentive to your moderator duties you would have shut down the personal attacks in this thread when they started. You are about as effective as a WWF "referee". The initial post was merely someone letting off steam about a typical hunting situation. The thread evolved into an interesting and perhaps valuable discussion about the merits and drawbacks of human and dog tracking techniques. I don't think the initial poster took any offense to that. YOU let it get off topic by letting the personal attack take place and by letting that get out of hand. You could have done that off line too at any point and kept the thread itself from getting polluted. Anyway, Reasonable men do not apologise for telling the truth or acting in what they percieve to be a correct and honorable fashion. So I will leave it at that.

My apologies XXX. This is entirely MY fault. Thank you for pointing it out.

Now if you would be so kind, please send a message to our forum owner Claude and let him know what a terrible job I am doing as moderator. I think he will appreciate your valuable feedback.

Respectfully,

HD

Oh, by the way, this is also entirely :eek:ff

Well, this discussion sure turned ugly. A couple comments...

It's not not good manners to post Private Messages that you receive. Please don't do it.

If anyone has a problem with a Moderator, you need to contact me. The last thing you should be doing is criticizing them in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back