• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I shot my Jukar today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked one up myself lately,i'll try your shootin recipe thanks,i like the old buggers myself,ain't a Rolls but i'll take an ols Ford any day,beats walkin... :grin:

Chief,

I am pleasantly surprised with mine. It shoots much better than I thought it would.

Rick

Save your money on the super rod , plastic has no place in mls.(I bought one and hate it ) make your own rod its not that hard take a 3/8 rod and sand to fit. Making your own rod has the advantange of being able to be custom configured. I brake one about every 5 years on average and each new ramrod I make is better than the last. Thats the nice thing about making your own stuff cheaper and better.

colorado,

Too late :) It's already ordered. I'll try it and if I don't like it; it will be another one of those "life lessons" I experience more frequently than I like to admit :slap:

Thanks,

Rick

:haha: I had a CVA which is the same gun that i built from a kit. I think i paid 75 bucks for it new in 1985 at cervice merchandise. That gun would outshoot alot of TC rifles and it put alot of meat on the ground. You gotta get started somewhere. Most people that call them junk probably never owned one. We all dont have fat wallets.

bubba,

No plans to sell it, but I will keep you in mind if I ever decide to.

Thanks,

Rick

In my CVA that what i shoot when up in the Sequoias shootin old dvds seems the best for that distance of shooting at the old dump grounds up there.

yep, I chuck a dowel up in a cordless drill and run sandpaper in my hand up and down the shaft.
my current one has grooves at the end opposite of the cleaning jag so I can grip it better when its at the bottom of the barrel while cleaning between shots. my current rod is oak working great so far. I also got rid of the original rod ends and went to newer t/c style I can make one in less than a half hour.

Make aner one and send it this way :grin: Put it on the classifieds and i'll buy it. :wink:

colorado,
I can tell you it fits, but that is about it, ha. I haven't had a chance to get to the range and really try it out. I do like the looks of the original ramrod better though.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick,
my favorite rod is my bench rod 3/8 steel with a nice pommel on top it seats virtualy anything with one stroke, (no tap tap tap) and pulls projectiles with authority. I have a hard time with the super rod its kinda like trying to push a bull with a rope, my super rod also has circular rings down the lenth of the rod that scrape the bore and vibrate when loading and cleaning drives me crazy.

colorado,

This rod also has circular rings running down it. I will get to the range eventually to try it. I like the idea of a range rod. Maybe I will look for one of those sometime.

Thanks,

Rick

Latest posts

Back