• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ID Help Please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cile01

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here. Need help identifying a muzzleloader that was my father's. Didn't even know he had this until emptying his safe before moving.

The barrel is approximately 36", with the entire length being 49".

I can find no identifying marks anywhere except for the odd stamped mark on the stock end of the barrel.

Any input would be appreciated.

If further info is needed, or additional pics, please let me know. I will try my best.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20240902_145430.jpg
    20240902_145430.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240902_145549.jpg
    20240902_145549.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240902_145603.jpg
    20240902_145603.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Looks like one of many imported ...possibly spanish? ...inexpensive ML from back in the seventies, early eighties. There are probably markings on the barrel indicating the manufacturer, caliber, etc.

Definitely modern. Not something from the top of the line. If the bore is good, it may be worth two or three hundred.
If you take it apart there may some marks inside the lock plate and also on the underside of the barrel. If so, that could be of more help for the ID.
What caliber?
I'm not familiar with that odd checkerboard mark on the breech, but for some unknown reason it makes me think - Japan.

Definitely an Ultra-High kit rifle(I have several).
On the barrel, someone has waffled stamped where the “Spain” stamp would have been.
IMG_9647_Original.jpegIMG_9645_Original.jpeg

Hello, first time poster here. Need help identifying a muzzleloader that was my father's. Didn't even know he had this until emptying his safe before moving.

The barrel is approximately 36", with the entire length being 49".

I can find no identifying marks anywhere except for the odd stamped mark on the stock end of the barrel.

Any input would be appreciated.

If further info is needed, or additional pics, please let me know. I will try my best.

Thanks in advance.
Research Mendi, a Spanish gun maker. Here is a photograph of one that I own.
1726006530729.png

Some of these earlier Spanish guns and kits I remember as far back as the mid-1960's in DGW's catalog. A friend of mine had one of these Spanish made ones. This was about 1965. It was a half-stock smooth bore about 28-gauge. It had a brass, unpolished cap box in the butt stock. The spring loaded lid was in the shape of a sea shell. LOL
By the 1970's, during the Hawken craze, these economy type guns/kits started showing up everywhere.

Rick

Back