• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If I had a hammer, a hammer, a hammer, a hammer...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
A RARE, AND MOST UNIQUE PISTOL...

FRENCH, DOUBLE BARREL, 4 HAMMER, 4 TRIGGER, 4 SHOT OPTION PISTOL.

fourhammer.jpg

This French Pistol, made about 1840 - 1845, is sensational in design, and originality. It works thusly: the first ball and powder charge is loaded, all the way down the barrels, as normal. Then a sealing wad, is run down the barrel. Then another ball and powder load is run down the barrels. So, each barrel has 2 distinct loads...

It is to be fired in PROPER SEQUENCE, MOST IMPORTANT. The forward hammers ignite the last loads. With 4 triggers, you can discharge BOTH barrels at once, or fire each barrel separately. Then repeat the sequence, using the rear hammers, and triggers.

This is a FORMIDABLE weapon! The Damascus barrels, measure 8 inches, with an approximate 58 cal. hole!

This is ALL original, and functions perfectly. The locks, hammers, and triggers, were left in the white, and today show only normal darkening after 164 years of exposure.

I've have never seen one just like it,shows we can learn somthing every day!I've seen flint rifles with sliding lock assys. that fire 5 shots but they used the same hammer.And Yes,It's a wise person who starts from the front charge and works to the rear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :winking:

I can see pulling the wrong trigger in the thick of a mutiny, or the heat of battle...

That would just get my goat...
"And I only have two left..." :haha:

Latest posts

Back