• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If no Black Powder then what?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pyrodex was patented in 1975, and available commercially shortly after that. So it's about 35 years old. (the plant explosion that killed the inventor was in 1977, and I believe the product was available prior to that).

You are correct. The inventor, Dan Pawlak, was a very fine person. Also very smart. I knew Dan slightly. His loss was very sad.
Ironically, I have no use for Pyrodex. I was sent some for pre-market testing. First test was in my Ruger Old Army. Could never get ignition. Tried every brand of cap on the market. Finally had to pull loads. Put rest on wife's garden. Never wrote the review. Never have tried any synthetic and have no plans to.

Latest posts

Back