• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If we look, we almost can't have a bad hunting trip...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Talk about a memorable hunting trip...this is what greeted me when I came out of the dark woods tonight into an open field...a stunning end to the day after a cold deer stand. I only had a little Point & Shoot in my hunting vest, but it did a pretty decent job of capturing the overall scene...

005BUCrop_zps00963150.jpg

This is why we spend as much time as possible in the woods, and mtns. Very nice photo......Gary

RB,
Nice picture!
Same sky I saw as I walked out - of my office bldg across the parking lot... :doh:

Glad you had a good day and got some venison already. I don't know if I'll get out this year or not. One of our hunting gang is dying of liver/bile duct cancer. We have to get his wife moved into town and clean up their place so they can get it sold...they have lots of Dr's bills.

One dandy photo, Roundball. Makes me yearn to be doing the same but our season starts later than many states due to later arriving cool weather each fall. Thanks again, guy...that photo is excellent.

I too have been taken aback at times by natures beauty. I especially love a beautiful sunrise or sunset, or the beauty of a flamed maple tree or perhaps the golden yellow of a fall hickory. I love to sit back and admire God's coloring book! It is a wonderful thing to behold.

Jeff

RB,

Thanks for sharing. Early mornings when the sun comes up and later in the day when we walk out of the woods bring some spectacular views.

It doesn't matter if I see game anymore the solitude of the woods completely relaxes me. Good Hunting and thanks for sharing the picture.

Best Regards
Charlie

As I sit in my office with recycled air, that picture made me smell the trees and the wind.

Thanks.

"Old moon in the new moon's arms" my astronomy professor would say. That must be Venus, a little lower than the moon.

Thanks for 'Venus'...I just thought of it as "the North Star".

It was a beautiful scene when I stepped out of the woods...crisp, chilly fall night air settling in

If it weren't for the total experience of nature, I guess there wouldn't be many of us out hunting. If Manhatten was full of Big Bucks I still wouldn't be setting a stand on the side of a building! :wink: When one looks at what the Creator built and what "we" build, it truly makes one understand who does the better job!

Lately that wonderful musky smell of wet, fallen leaves has filled the air here. Nothing like a day in the woods...game seen and taken or not.

Those who don't hunt will never know the true hunting experience. It is a total experience that can be described in words and even better in pictures like yours but one has to truly experience the totality of it to understand what hunting is all about. The harvest of the animal is only a tiny part of hunting. That is why, on those days when I return from a squirrel hunt or a deer hunt with no meat, I can still say that it was a good hunt.

Roundball Nice photo...

I lived that same picture last week...

After shooting light(bow deer)... met brother back at the vehicle...what a view..

We were on top of a large ridge line.Rolling hills sw wisconsin...2-3 miles east of the Mississippi river.

We talk quietly about the days hunt,weather, rutting movement,,etc.

Within a minute a pack of coyotes lights up to the north..within 30 seconds we heard 6-7 different groups all different directions howling in the moon light.
You were not alone in that moment.
A hunters life is a good one. :grin:
Thanks for sharing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting # of replies from different forms about seeing that same view that night

Back